nomad

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telestrat3105

Reaction score
hey guys!
well, newly aqquired mesa nomad 100 combo, fecking loving it, i can get some awsome tones outta this thing, but ive heard john petrucci used one for s.f.a.m, anyone reccomend me or tip me to dialing in a sound like that?
i use an ibanez jem mainly

also, any nomad users, post your settings and what theyre used for please?

thanks
nick

you could just sit down and screw around for an hour or so just finding a bunch of nice tones and writing them down. that's what i did and i got some awesome one's. i should probably find that packet

also try the manual settings on mesa's website

i have it all , the manual etc.

im after a KSE type, metal tone, got the smooth lead tone right now. but im after somthing evil for metal .
any tips guys?

i think jp used the nomd for very light gain sort of stuff ...i am pretty sure the main lead and crunch was IIc+ and mk iv..but nice amp..very clean..

For playing metal you can get a chunky fat rythm tone like this:

Use Ch3 modern, make sure you dial out ALL of the mids, and the gain should be no more than 1.5-2 o'clock, Ch3 volume no more than 2 o'clock. Any more gain and it will start sounding flubby and farty.

Crank up the bass to 1 o'clock, treble 1-3 o'clock (it REALLY affects the amount of gain) and presence around 1 o'clock.

The master volume should be on 2-3, which is really LOUD already!

I find with the above settings a boost pedal isn't required, it gives me plenty of gain. But should you need a bit more dirt, use an EQ pedal or a processor in the loop.

When trying out new amp settings and I find something I like, I get out the Digi-Cam and take a pic of the settings. That way I have them forever.

telestrat3105 said:
thanks bro, and then i can use ch2 for the petrucci lead vibes..thansk a lot man :lol:

anytime :)

telestrat3105 said:
i have it all , the manual etc.

im after a KSE type, metal tone, got the smooth lead tone right now. but im after somthing evil for metal .
any tips guys?
lemme tell you man, i have a strat copy that i put an EMG 81 into, plugged into channel 2 and got instant end of heartache tone. seriously man, get some EMGs, and/ or an overdrive (bad monkeys can be had for under 40 bucks usually) and it'll frive that thing to a place that would make a recto weep. :twisted:

i have a bad monkey, but its incredibley noisey...and yeah...

might pick-up some emg's soon...pun intended

yea, the cleans are great, only surpassed by the blue angel IMO, telestrat, how do you use your bad monkey? it added a very slight hiss when it was on but not "noisy" at all :?:

Latest posts

Back