Nomad vs. TOV vs. Rectoverb???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried a Boss GE-7 eq. in the loop on mine and didn't find it very usefull.
What kind of eq. are you using? Any tips would be cool.

Joe

cvansickle said:
Interesting that you shold mention the "nasally Marshall Tone" in reference to a Nomad. The other day, I was playing the new Mesa Stiletto Ace, and I was loving it! So, I decided to try the EL34s in my Nomad 100 again, just to see if I could get close to the sound of a real EL34 amp.

When I played my SG, I was getting convincing enough sounds. This combination, employing a 412 closed cabinet, sounded very AC/DC-like. The top end really cut through.

With my Les Paul, however, it sounded like there wasn't enough power. The signal was very weak, and the LP has stronger pickups too. Weird.

In short, 6L6 tubes are staying in my Nomad.
i was thinking about trying out the sed winged c's el34's. the sd forum says they're really good. i just haven't cared enough to try them out. i might do that next. also some tung sol 12ax7a reissues were reccomended with the SED's. i'm excited

First post for me, but I've been checking this board out for a while now.

I feel compelled to mention the Nomad 45. The EL-84s really give this one a unique sound. It is one of my favorite amps. I also have a Mark IV.

It also has the "Extreme Mode" which gives me some great sounds, especially when playing with a full band. As far as headroom, there is plenty. It is a freaky loud amp. The EQ from the 100 would be nice, but I don't think it has the same sound I've come to love from the Nomad. I think Ch2 Modern mode is probably my favorite.

sunder said:
First post for me, but I've been checking this board out for a while now.

I feel compelled to mention the Nomad 45. The EL-84s really give this one a unique sound. It is one of my favorite amps. I also have a Mark IV.

It also has the "Extreme Mode" which gives me some great sounds, especially when playing with a full band. As far as headroom, there is plenty. It is a freaky loud amp. The EQ from the 100 would be nice, but I don't think it has the same sound I've come to love from the Nomad. I think Ch2 Modern mode is probably my favorite.
welcome to the forums. i was thinking about putting some yj's and some el84's in there myself. the EQ helps but not that much

Latest posts

Back