New vs Old Triaxis - Recto Board Gone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickgk

Reaction score
I am in the process of buying a new amp, i had an older 110v triaxis that i really liked but sold that to buy a new 240v version as i live in aus.

After consulting the dealer i was upset to learn that the Lead 1 Red mode has been changed from the recto board (dual recto vintage channel) to something they now describe as British Lead.
He said that it was due to material changes etc.

My question therefore is, have any of you compared the new version with the old? I really liked the lead 1 red dual recto vintage channel with the mids cranked, could i still achieve the same sound from a new model?

I had no idea they had changed this spec.

british lead would be more mid-oriented, i guess. maybe based around a marshally tone??? . havnt really heard the recto channel without the fat mod (mine has it and it sux).

one of the parts used to make the recto board is now unavailable (or something along those lines) so they had to change it.

but i would really like to know how to get rid of the fat mod from my LD1 red. too much bass, its pretty unusable.

There are instructions on this forum as to how to reverse the phat mod, do a search, it's just a change of some caps & resistors i think, apparently less than an hour job for a tech.

Rayder said:
british lead would be more mid-oriented, i guess. maybe based around a marshally tone??? . havnt really heard the recto channel without the fat mod (mine has it and it sux).

one of the parts used to make the recto board is now unavailable (or something along those lines) so they had to change it.

but i would really like to know how to get rid of the fat mod from my LD1 red. too much bass, its pretty unusable.

On what planet would a Marshall have MORE mids than ANY Mesa

eagle said:
Rayder said:

On what planet would a Marshall have MORE mids than ANY Mesa

+ 1 :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rayder said:
im not saying it has more mids than the marshall... :p
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
NO MARSHALL HAS MORE MIDS THAN A MESA :shock: :shock: :shock:

rickgk said:
There are instructions on this forum as to how to reverse the phat mod, do a search, it's just a change of some caps & resistors i think, apparently less than an hour job for a tech.

So that's the difference between the Recto mode and "British Mode"? Phat mod = brit mode?

Nope the phat mod was basically the second revision to the recto board, the new triaxis don't have a recto board at all so do not have a phat mod either.

Back