NEW VIDEO: Mark V In Depth - CRUNCH

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome video, not just this one either. Great idea to split the demo into small pieces, I really dislike quick and sloppy demo's of your average fiddler's showcase settings.

HaggertysMusic said:
Here's the latest video! This time featuring the crunch mode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1umcr4t9sk

BTW... FREE GIFT to the first person who can name the third song I play in the video! :D :D :D

Forget the free gift. I am just glad that you chose a non-Floyd Rose guitar for this video. Great job with the video. You will not sit that close to the speaker cabinet if you try the "Monster Mark I" settings that I sent you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JOEY B. said:
HaggertysMusic said:

BTW... FREE GIFT to the first person who can name the third song I play in the video! :D :D :D

Forget the free gift. I am just glad that you chose a non-Floyd Rose guitar for this video. Great job with the video. You will not sit that close to the speaker cabinet if you try the "Monster Mark I" settings that I sent you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The filmed the Monster Mark I setting last week along with the IIC+, so I would expect to see them up this week sometime! Only Mark IV and EXTREME to go. Any suggestions or tone settings you guys think would be helpful to show?

HaggertysMusic said:
JOEY B. said:
HaggertysMusic said:

The filmed the Monster Mark I setting last week along with the IIC+, so I would expect to see them up this week sometime! Only Mark IV and EXTREME to go. Any suggestions or tone settings you guys think would be helpful to show?

I am assuming it's pretty much a given that the video on Channel 3 will highlight the heavy rock/metal type of sounds that can be found there, but it would also be good to see how that channel can also be used a little differently as a lead/solo channel. But now that I think about it, you have probably already done that...oh well, just a thought. Can't wait to see the rest.

This is how we approached the IIC+ mode:

Quick snippet without EQ

Pull Me Under riff in Triode

A/B Comparison of Pentode / Triode with Pull Me Under riff

Gain Up, Scooped and Blistering Solo Tone.

Gain back down, Mid boosted EQ, really 'sweet' solo tone.

Riff with Preset Depth Control on.

I was thinking of a similar approach with the Mark IV mode, unless there are some different ideas. The Extreme mode is a whole different animal, and I haven't quite decided how to tackle that one. That mode has a LOT of sounds in it.

oooo I'd really like you to demonstrate some djenty tones that you can achieve in the mark IV mode and the extreme mode. I have always loved the ability for the mark V to get into that territory and would like to see how you approach it.

Once again.....another great job Don!!

I usually set channel 2 to crunch mode while rehearsing and playing live. IMO....the crunch mode of Ch2 offers the widest variety of very useful sounds depending on how it is set.

There is really no reason to give pointers on how to go about demoing the modes of channel 3 because your demos are the best I've seen showcasing the V.

However, I will make one comment........Ch3 can sound great in all modes with the gain set low as well. Many people probably don't even bother to set the gain low in Ch3, but some very nice lower gain soulful sounds exist in channel 3 for the taking....if anybody is interested.

MBJunkie said:
Once again.....another great job Don!!

I usually set channel 2 to crunch mode while rehearsing and playing live. IMO....the crunch mode of Ch2 offers the widest variety of very useful sounds depending on how it is set.

There is really no reason to give pointers on how to go about demoing the modes of channel 3 because your demos are the best I've seen showcasing the V.

However, I will make one comment........Ch3 can sound great in all modes with the gain set low as well. Many people probably don't even bother to set the gain low in Ch3, but some very nice lower gain soulful sounds exist in channel 3 for the taking....if anybody is interested.

I was attempting to say that in an earlier post, but you stated it much better and I agree with you 100%.

I love these videos, and am eagerly awaiting your visits to channel 3. For me it's the hardest mode to get right. I still have not found the all encompassing lead/rhythm tone I get from my Mark IV yet. The FIVE seems alot more focused but doesn't have the thick complex tone the dusty IV I own has. I would really like to find a sound that stands next to what I get from channels 1 and 2.

Thanks alot for your time and efforts!

Latest posts

Back