New tubes on there way from Eurotubes.com

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plapnab

Reaction score
Kind of late to be asking this...but, has anyone ever ordered tubes from Eurotubes.com? Specifically, the tube kits they sell. Felt it was time to change out my tubes and wanted to get something a little more British sounding and maybe take some of the what I would describe as darkness or deepness out of my Dual Rectifier. While at the same time loosening it up for soloing. Had originally been running Mesa stock 6L6's and 5U's with Russian Mesa 12AX7's. Here's what I got (copied straight from their website).

Mesa Dual Rec - High Gain Option with E34L's
Price: $124.00
Description: A quad of JJ E34L's for a crunchy, punchy tone from the power section. For the front end 3 hand picked high gain JJ ECC83S's for V1, V2, V3, a standard ECC83S for V4 and a balanced ECC83S for V5. Get a little Marshall on your Mesa with gain for miles!

Also, order a pair their JJ 5U's. Very impressed with their customer service. Overall, liked the sound I was getting from the stock tubes...just want to try changing it up a bit and see what happens.

I've ordered tubes from Bob at Eurotubes for a long time. He's always been great, and he's awesome to talk to. He loves amps. He'll tell you every JJ tube under the sun is the best thing since sliced bread, and he's not far off, but I don't agree with everything he says. For example the only current production tube I'll use in V1 of my amps is Tung Sol reissues. I like GE NOS for V2. I do use JJ ECC83's in the remaining positions. Their power tubes are awesome, particularly the JJ6L6GC's and the EL 34L's. Their speed of shipping and customer service is great. I like those guys alot.

I know! The customer service is outstanding! I wrote him about a three sentence email about what sound I'm looking to get out my DR and that I'm a novice regarding tubes. And, he wrote me a response with detailed explanations of all my options...must have taken at least a half hour to write. Take that Guitar Center! :lol:

he's got great customer service, and ships fast. However, he pushes JJ tubes. Period. For everything. personally, I have not found a JJ preamp tube I like. I find the sovtek LPS to be a superior Phase Inverter tube to the JJ's. Dead quiet. I like the new chinese preamp tubes or even the Sovtek 12ax7wc in V1. JJ works well in V2 of most amps. Just my 2 cents.

ty

I have found Eurotubes to be fantastic. Good prices, excellent customer service and fast shipping!

Eurotubes are great and if you have any kind of questions they will advise you quick and wisely.

I'm really happy with these new tubes. They may not be the best, as some responders have alluded to, but they are a definite upgrade from the stock Mesa tubes. Also, had I known what I know now, I would have made the switch to EL34's years ago. Not only do I like what they did for my cleans, they also brought out the sound of a few of my pedals. Specifically, my Saturator distortion and my MXR phaser. My cleans do have some breakup however, the volumes are so much more balanced and cut through a mix better. With the 6L6's it seems that the mids are scooped so bad you have to crank everything or your sound gets lost. I use a Saturator distortion pedal for kind of a low gain light rock songs...much like what the "Pushed" selection on the amp does. With the 6L6's it was really thin sounding. But, the EL34 made a drastic improvement. Additionally, the MXR phaser sounded a bit metallic with the 6L6's...sounds much more natural now.

Hi,
I'm a french customer of eurotubes.com.
I've ordered more or less 60 tubes (power/preamp/recto). I have 2 tubes which where in a non functional order.
They have replace them without asking anything and very quickly.

Their customer service is awful and when you ask something, you always have an answer.

And finally, they sold at lower price standard tubes than the only one which can have JJ in France.
This "non-reasonnable seller" doesn't offer any service. (matched triode/quartet graded for a fixed BIAS.....) and JJ is closer from France than USA. (by far 4000kms)
I don't speak about parity EUR/USD, only 1 USD=1 EUR.

Latest posts

Back