New Tubes For MKIIc+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats cool. The tech will get in up and groovy for you. I guess the cement wud work as well. I have to research speaker doping. I have some old speakers that need new life . Blessings. TTYL, James

JOEY B. said:
My Simul-Class amps use either all STR-415 or a 415/416 mix for the power tubes. For preamp tubes I have grown to like the Tungsram 12AX7 in V1 and V2, and the RFT 12AX7 in V3 and V4 positions. Not the cheapest route, I know, but it works every time without fail.

I was in my mad preamp rolling days or should I say daze when I ran across this suggestion in one of Joeys other posts. I already had the 415/416 part down but once I did the V1/V2 Tungsram V3/V4 RFT suggestion in the simulclass, ive never looked back. In a 100 watt and 60 watt ,415's and Tungsram in V1 thru V4 . Not the cheapest route true statement but in the long run its economically the way to go, they last 10 times longer than the tubes made today. (Just an estimate)

Buster Leggs said:
JOEY B. said:
My Simul-Class amps use either all STR-415 or a 415/416 mix for the power tubes. For preamp tubes I have grown to like the Tungsram 12AX7 in V1 and V2, and the RFT 12AX7 in V3 and V4 positions. Not the cheapest route, I know, but it works every time without fail.

I was in my mad preamp rolling days or should I say daze when I ran across this suggestion in one of Joeys other posts. I already had the 415/416 part down but once I did the V1/V2 Tungsram V3/V4 RFT suggestion in the simulclass, ive never looked back. In a 100 watt and 60 watt ,415's and Tungsram in V1 thru V4 . Not the cheapest route true statement but in the long run its economically the way to go, they last 10 times longer than the tubes made today. (Just an estimate)

Where did you buy the preamp tubes?

Dror520 said:
Buster Leggs said:
JOEY B. said:

Where did you buy the preamp tubes?

http://www.tubemonger.com/

Back