new track posted

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalhead51105

Reaction score
hey everyone,
i have a new track for you all to listen to / enjoy / hate / critique/ criticize / praise etc. anyway its at my bands website at www.myspace.com/monseraught
its called holding my tongue. i laid down the vocals, the bass, and the rhythm guitars. we laid down one track of rhythm parts and directed it to my dual rec / marshall 1960 (on channel 3) and a p.o.s. crate / marshall 1936 1/4 stack to get a dynamic chunky dirty sound. my other guitarist laid down the leads in the verses and the octaves in the choruses with the crate p.o.s. / marshall 1936 1/4 stack. anyway just wanted everyones opinion: the good the bad and the ugly.

Sounds pretty good! That only thing that does not sit that well with me are the vocals. Timeing could be a bit tighter and pitch is floating a bit. The vocals also need IMHO to worked into the mix better.

I like the songs I’m up to “The Ruining” so far.

thanks man glad to hear some feedback. the vocals are a bit rough you're right. after sitting on that mix (which is the rough one) for a couple days, the whole band thought the same thing. its almost as if my voice has no body to it when compared to the rest of the song. in fact we've been having trouble with my vocals lately all across the board and not just that song. i dunno it may be time for some vocal lessons! either way we were hoping our producer/engineer puts the "boy band 5000" on my vocals to make it sound sweet, but until he does ill retrack with those suggestions. thanks for the positive feedback and let me know how you like some of the other songs :)

Latest posts

Back