New to this forum-Mesa MkIIc+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mesa Mark III Coliseum simul-class 150 watt (4X6L6-2XEL34) 180 watt 6X6L6

There might be a date under the chassis, look under the V1 preamp tube, mine is dated 10/91

I just bought a Mills Afterburner cab 4X12 EVM 800 watts, doesn't get any better for me.

I paid $1425 for my head brand new from Mesa in '91, and they only made around 78 Mark III Coliseums and around 86 Mark IIC-IIC+'s Coli's. They made about 336 Mark IIb Coli's, total of around 500 Coli's.

You don't have to run a full stack, but it's nice! All Coli's have the wide head 23" or combo.

Yeah, Warheads seem pretty cool. I figured they were anly available for a short time between "Far Beyond Driven" and when Dime signed with Krank. I've never tried a Krank, but have heard they are disappointing from friends. I'm a Dimebag fan. between my son and me we have a set-neck Razorback and set-neck 333 Washburn as well as a few of Dimes signature pedals. He had a very cool, but cold sound that depended on lots of electronic gimmics. That's why he liked those solid-state Randalls.

I'd like a warmer sound than the Dime sound. Warheads do look pretty mean.

The solid state sound is definitely for a cretain persons taste if they can get it to sound good like Dime did. Kirk Windstien of Crowbar is another. I dont care for the krank amps myself but do have a X2 Warhead which is 300 watts. I much prefer the Mark III at this point and just use the cabs from that stack. They compliment the III pretty well. Im sure a head like the coliseum could push them just fine.

I myself have a few Dime sig guitars as well as some other Dean MLs. I built the whole Dime rig (Randalls, Furman and Mxr eqs,ect.) and then found the III. It does that sound and then some so Im sticking with the III.

I posted these in Mark amps as well.
MesaBoogie1.jpg

MesaBoogie2.jpg

MesaBoogie3.jpg

MesaBoogie5.jpg

MesaBoogie6.jpg

Back