New setup with my Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgh

Reaction score
I did some adjustments to my setup with my Mark IV. I found it interesting and fun to use. And, with the recent rise in the number of threads associated with the Mark IV, I thought I would share it with everyone else.

Here is what I have done: I plug my guitar into my Effectrode Blackbird. The Blackbird has two outputs. I plug one into the Mark IV's effects return and the other into the normal input. This gives me a lot of interesting combinations:

(1) When I engage the Mark IV's effects loop, I am able to use the Blackbird as a pre-amp and the Mark IV as a power amp. What is neat about this is that I can set each channel on the Mark IV to use a different presence setting, or (for channels 2 and 3) either use or bypass the negative feedback loop. All I do is pick out which power option I want to use.

(2) When I switch out the effects loop, I am able to use the Blackbird to drive the Mark IV. It does different (and wonderful) things to each channel on the Mark IV.

(3) And, I can switch the Blackbird to "bypass" mode and play the Mark IV as vanilla.

Quite a lot of options - and I have had a blast exploring them!

If you have similar setups, I would like to hear about them.

Thanks for reading.

Latest posts

Back