New Road King rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machine Gun

Reaction score
Well, here's my new rig guys.

http://www.putfile.com/machinegun

Road King II v2 with Road King straight cab. You don't know how sorry I am I haven't heard it yet! I'm still waiting on my guitar. Ordered a PRS Custom22 8 months ago so should be anyday now.

Got a question for you Road King owners. Do any of your heads have piping on them? If so, did you have to ask for it or was it put on automatically? I've seen it both ways so I was just wondering. Mine came without it as you can see. Piping on the cab though. No big deal. It still looks awesome!

That is absolutely gorgeous! Welcome to the RKII club. I have one and built my own cabs for it. Mine is plain old black though.

Dave

RKII_on_cab2.JPG

diy_cabs_done_2.JPG

Great looking rigs, I would love to have either one. I must say that tan color is really nice, I like it lots.. :D

PRS Custom 24 and a RKII here. Love the Road King... loved the PRS even longer!

Machine Gun said:
Well, here's my new rig guys.

http://www.putfile.com/machinegun

Road King II v2 with Road King straight cab. You don't know how sorry I am I haven't heard it yet! I'm still waiting on my guitar. Ordered a PRS Custom22 8 months ago so should be anyday now.

Got a question for you Road King owners. Do any of your heads have piping on them? If so, did you have to ask for it or was it put on automatically? I've seen it both ways so I was just wondering. Mine came without it as you can see. Piping on the cab though. No big deal. It still looks awesome!

I ordered at PRS custom 22 artist package with a quilt top . Ive been waiting 9 months and was informed it would be another three months . I went for the quilt top and that is holding things up . Apparently , Artist grade quilt is a bit hard to come by . Cant remember if my RK head has pipng . Dont think so . Its on the band truck .

CudBucket said:
That is absolutely gorgeous! Welcome to the RKII club. I have one and built my own cabs for it. Mine is plain old black though.

Dave

RKII_on_cab2.JPG

diy_cabs_done_2.JPG

Dave, ever think about replacing the grill cloth on the head with the same tan cloth you used on the cabs? Methinks that would be quite sexy.

Machine Gun, excellent choice for a color combo, short of hardwood/wicker cabs, this is the object of my Mesa envy. Gorgeous.

I had second thoughts on the color but once I got it, I was more than happy! I'm very happy with it!

Wow Barry, sorry to hear you have to wait 3 more months! I ordered the Custom 22 artist package with flame top. Wonder if I'll have to wait 3 more months?

nocluejimbo said:
Dave, ever think about replacing the grill cloth on the head with the same tan cloth you used on the cabs? Methinks that would be quite sexy.

Yes but I don't want to mod the original grill. When I have time, I'm going to look in the back of the head, get some dimensions and make a new frame. Then, I'll cover that in the grill and piping.

Machine Gun said:
Hey Cudbucket, what speakers do you have in those custom cabs?

The top one has an Eminence Swamp Thang and Tonker in it. The bottom has two Carvin GS1275s. When I get around to it, they'll be replaced with V30s.

Scott, did your RK automatically come with the piping or did you have to specifically ask for it? I would have preferred that they put piping on mine.

I'm reasonably sure that I asked for the piping, but not positive, because I might have asked for white piping. It's still a beautiful finishing touch, though, but hey, at least it doesn't impact your tone :).

That classic wood finish is way cool. Personally, I'm into more modern looks -- not the vintage stuff, but it is definitely beautiful.

Back