New Recto's RAW mode?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vitor gracie

Reaction score
So after much discussion about amps, the ones I have sold, my new gig for work, and what I would need to use to work now...my wife has TALKED ME INTO buying a Roadster (I love that girl! :lol: )

Some questions for New Reborn Recto owners...
I am in love with the Blues mode on my Trem O Verbs, however it is a 2 channel amp and if I want the balls of the Orange rhythm channel (vintage high gain) I have no Blues. If I have it set for Orange and Blues, I have no clean. So...what does the new Raw mode on the Rectos sound like? I could live with a 3 channel amp and that would be my prefered set up using minimal pedals (a BBPre and compression in the front of the amp and delay in the loop....)

I liked my Roadster a lot but there where things unusable on it to me. the Raw mode was one of them, another was channel 2. To my ears, it only sounded good and usable if set on Brit with the gain maxed.

I would love to have a Roadster with the blues mode from a trem o verb in it somewhere but I know thats not going to happen. So is the Raw mode usable to any of you on the newer Rectos? Or is it just lame like all the other Rectos that have it on there.

Thanks.

vitor gracie said:
...my wife has TALKED ME INTO buying a Roadster (I love that girl! :lol: )

The Roadster hasn't changed at all from what I understand. Did she talk you into buying a new 3ch Recto or a Roadster? I think you may have misworded something.

As far as a Roadster doing low-ish gain bluesy stuff, I set channel 1 to clean/tweed/fat (doesn't really matter which, depends on what guitar I'm using) and push up the treble and gain.. then use ch2 as clean.

Alternatively, in the brit mode, I dime the gain/treble/mid, zero the presence, and turn the bass to 1-2 o'clock. I actually use this for classic rock and I boost it with an OCD for high gain lead.. I like the raw mode, but I have no use for it. I've pushed up the treble and gain a bit in the past and have enjoyed the result, however.

In the words of Inego Montoya "Let me 'splain' ...no there is too much, let me sum up"

I want a Roadster, and may get one. My question was to Recto Reborn owners or those who have played them to describe the "New Raw Mode" on them. If it's better and usable, I may consider looking at a 3 Channel Newer Rect instead of the awesome Roadster that I would have to mod a little to get more use out of the modes.

I agree with the channel 2 thing... But I think it's not a good thing to max out controls like that on a mode. I know everyone thinks it sounds good like that, but I am not digging on a channel and raw mode on the Roadster that leaves me wanting more. There is nothing on my TOV's that makes me think that way. The only thing that "leaves me wanting more" out of the amp is MORE FRIGGIN CHANNELS! :lol:

In a perfect set up for me, I'd just use two TOV heads live and use an RJ 16 to control the switching of them. I will most likely do that next year but was looking at a Roadster or a Recto Reborn to finish out shows for this year and make everything easier. More channels for me live means less stomp boxes and thats always a good thing for me.

Does that clear it up? :D
celebrity-pictures-inigo-montoya-dying.jpg

Latest posts

Back