New Rectifier Manual

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve@Russo

Reaction score
is a must read to understand these amps, everything they tell you not to do is everything I have seen people do in my studio that made my ears bleed (in a bad way)

Steve@Russo said:
is a must read to understand these amps, everything they tell you not to do is everything I have seen people do in my studio that made my ears bleed (in a bad way)

This is one of the reasons I think Rectos get a bad rap....dial it in like any other amp and you're asking for bleeding ears and disappointment.

I think if someone comes in my shop to try the new dual watts, I am gonna just hand them the manual first

Shouldn't this be the first thing to do once you get the amp? The guys from the stores should read all the manuals from what they sell to take the client quickly to that sweet spot on the amp!

some folks (like myself) don't like salespeople hovering over them.

I totally get what you mean though. How hard is it to show someone how to use it properly?

But i know that when i walk into a shop intending on trying an amp and probably buying it, if someone is standing there watching my every move and making sure i don't flick the standby switch on with too much force.....i'm not giving them my money. I prefer stores where it's a comfortable feel and people are helpful from a distance.

Sorry for straying... :D

^^^^^^This is one of many reasons I walked out with my new Dual....the sales guy left me alone, allowing me to do what I pleased with the amp. I played it for about 2 hours, and the only times he came back was to make sure I didn't have any questions. It helped make the decision easy.

yep, just took a guy through the features real quick, gave him the dos and donts and walked away

When I tried the 2010 Triple at a GC a while back, some guy had walked out there after playing and complaining about it. He was trying to a tight chugga metal thing. I went in there, he had the gain dimed, treble and presence almost maxed out, bass around 3 o'clock, mids down around 9 o'clock, etc. Using tube rectos and spongy, etc. Virtually the exact opposite of what I woudl have used, haha. So I tweaked it up for a few, started jamming, and the look on his face was priceless. One of those "That amp didn't sound like THAT when I was playing it a minute ago," haha. Went through all the modes and spent at least an hour in the loud room jamming on it, drew quite a crowd at one point. When I was done, there was guys waiting to try it out... :mrgreen:

I do agree that most of the bad rep Rectos have is from guys who have no idea how to dial it in to get what they want out of it. There's a TON of tones in there to be had if you know what you're doing with it. I have my '94 Dual Recto Rev G (w/factory serial loop), my '93 Triple Recto Rev F, and I'd like to add a 2010 Triple to the lineup. I don't think I need anything other than that. It's all Rectos, but they all sound a little different, and I've come to realize over the years that the Recto sound is just "my" sound.

I don't even "need" the 2010, but I'd like to add one of the current offerings to my backline just to have. I could use either my Rev G or Rev F, and with the use of a couple pedals in front and the volume knob on my guitar, I could easily play anything from modern rock, punk, pop rock, metal, and even country if I really felt the need. The amps are a lot more versatile than people give them credit for.

Latest posts

Back