New House for My IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supergenius365

Reaction score
Had these made by Scottie at Boogafunk.

Thanksgiving2007032.jpg

That grill on the head is ingenious. It would allow for natural convection and cool the tubes down, even better with the fan as it will actually have a place to draw air.

The whole setup looks like you were chosen for " Pimp My Boogie"
It looks really slick in white. Nice job.

Thanks BB.

The color is actually very close to the original MKIIC+ Bronco (?) color.

Scottie was very proud of himself for coming up with that front grill.

I thought that someone was going to trade you a new house for your Mark iic+. It looks great!

Boogiebabies said:
That grill on the head is ingenious. It would allow for natural convection and cool the tubes down, even better with the fan as it will actually have a place to draw air.

The whole setup looks like you were chosen for " Pimp My Boogie"
It looks really slick in white. Nice job.

LMAO "PIMP MY BOOGIE", that's great. That made my night.

It looks uber cool! How would you say it sounds with two 1x12s compared to one 4x12?

That's a pretty killer lookin' rig bro. How much did that run ya? I always think it's neat to see people's customizations of these great amps.

I'm also curious about the sound of two 1x12s...

Looks very sharp! Bravo! Personally, and not that you asked my opinion, but I'd quickly remove those "boogafunk" logos. I like funk, but wouldn't necessarily want to advertise it. And as far as "boogers" go, well.....need I say more?

;)

Couple of replies here:

I didn't originally plan on going this route. I had Scottie build me one Thiele to house an EV12L. Once I got it from him, it made my MKIIC+ look pretty crappy. He offered to build me a wider cab, but I declined. We emailed back and forth a bit and we decided that he would build a head cab and additional speaker cab to house my combo components.

When all is said and done, each piece cost $250. That is using my speakers I all ready owned.

Sadly, I haven't had the chance to really let the rig get to full playing volume to compare it sound wise. In my room, I prefer the MS-12 on top and the EV on the bottom. I want to experiment with both cabs on the ground as well.

What I really like is having the controls at waist height. No bending over to tweak the knobs. I also keep a Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive on top of the amp for easy access to shape my sound.

Lastly, I really love the fact that I have a rig that is very versatile. I can bring just the head, run a 1X12 or a 2X12 depending on what the situation calls for.

Thumbs up to Scottie @ Boogafunk! Top notch guy with a great product!

supergenius365 said:
Lastly, I really love the fact that I have a rig that is very versatile. I can bring just the head, run a 1X12 or a 2X12 depending on what the situation calls for.

Thumbs up to Scottie @ Boogafunk! Top notch guy with a great product!

This setup with the C+ and either 1 or 2 thieles has become my rig of choice. Very easy to move by yourself, and with both EV thieles, will hang with ANY 4x12 that I've played through. 8)

Latest posts

Back