New guitar!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks great congrats.

As i have only played solid bodies, or acoustics, how does the F holes and hollow-ness affect the sound? Does it pigeon whole it into a Jazz / Blues guitar?

I'll let you know in a week when it arrives. here's a note I just got from the seller:

I just received this email from another ebayer. I thought that I would pass it on to you.

FYI Bill- Merry Christmas to you, just noticed this auction. I have had one of these since they were issued, this is a Great guitar. By the way, the 011 is there because this was a Limited Edition of either 200 or 250, I forget exactly. Only this model has the hollow trapezoid neck inlays. I have 10 Gibsons, 335s, Pauls, 175, L5, etc, and this Heritage is the equal of all and better than some of the Gibsons. They buyer will be very pleased, I can't believe you are selling yours, you Never Ever see these on Ebay, folks like me just wont sell... W in NC.

I don't do the metal thang, but I occasionally use some pretty high gain, I use a Hilton active volume pedal to swell sustained notes and to control the feedback. Since this is a semi solid body design and not all that big or deep of a body I don't think that this one will be any harder to control than my other Heritage, a 555 (like the 335 Gibson) that has a center block in a bigger body.

Think that I'm gonna need to go shopping for some depends before I plug this one in the first time... :lol:

Thank you, Dom! Happy holiday season to all of faith, no matter what their beliefs and what they worship! Peace, good will, rhythm, and TONE!

Hey Mavguy....Congrats on a really COOOOL axe. I played one of these in a shop in Vermont a few years ago and just very nearly brought it home. It was really awesome sounding w/ the JC120 they had in the shop. Don't worry too much about the feedback w/ f-holes, My ES-355 is pretty controllable even at higher volumes w/ my Ace.

Enjoy your new six-string beauty!!!! :D ...Peace

Well she came home with me today...I was thinking about what to name her, I had settled on a name, but she would have to earn it. Plugged her in at my buddy's garage biamped through a ROV 50 combo with a Celestion Gold and a Marshall jcm800 personally voiced by yours truly into a 4/12, Wow! Full, sweet, delicious, and there was more top end than I expected from the 8k 9k specs on the Lindy Fralin HB's. Sustain was a concern before I plugged her in, but this instrument sustained more than any guitar I have ever played clean, and the feedback at high gain was easy to control, just like my Heritage 555. This guitar is the most expressive sounding instrument I have ever had the pleasure of holding, she feels and sounds so ALIIIIIIIVE! SINGS, HOWLS, BELLOWS, AND FUGGIN' SCREAMS!

She is now known as Miz' Uber, as in uber-guitar. I feel so fortunate to own her, and once again, thanks to my fellow board members for their words of encouragement, their questions, their passion for being the best they can be, and for their good will toward unseen others that puts other boards to shame. Peace, and happy, prosperous, toneful, and healthy new year to all!

Latest posts

Back