NAD - Mesa Rectoverb 25 Head/Cab With Clips

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbyrnes77

Reaction score
I thought I would share this with you guys if anyone is thinking about getting one.

Went shopping for a new amp and bought a Mesa Rectoverb 25 head and 1x12 cab from The Guitar Sanctuary in McKinney, TX.

I'm not gigging anymore so I was looking a low powered amp for jamming at home. I wanted something for rock/blues that sounds good at medium volumes for jamming and at low volumes for late night playing. Went in considering the Suhr Corso, Tone King Falcon, and Mesa Rectoverb and Mini Mark V. I was partial to the Corso going in.

I played the Corso first. Great sounding amp at all volumes, overdrive and clean. Lots of tone options from the switches, just like the clips. Great bass end for 5 watts. Next I played the Rectoverb. I had fun trying the different sounds. The cleans were good and the various shades of overdrive provided a wide range of sounds. You get even more shades by adjusting the guitar volume. After that I played the Mini Mark V. That had really good cleans, better than Rectoverb. The overdrive sound was a tighter vibe than I was looking for. Decided on the Rectoverb because it has lots of options for about the same price as the Corso, a sound I like (rock, alt rock, etc.), and sounded good at low volumes.

The manual is very helpful to help get an understanding of the eq knobs. It's important to adjust bass as gain is changed and the treble and presence knobs work together to control the brightness. I recorded a cover of "Little Black Submarines" because it has clean and overdriven tones that I thought would be a good demo of the amp. See links below.

Full Version:

https://soundcloud.com/gbyrnes/little-black-submarines

Settings:
Clean Rhythm Guitar
Channel: 1 clean, 25W
Gain: 1:00
Treble: 12:00
Mid: 9:00
Bass: 12:00
Presence: 12:00
Master: 12:00
Guitar: Telecaster, middle position
Guitar Vol: 9
Guitar Tone: 10
Reverb: on about 9:00

Dirty Rhythm Guitar
Channel: 2 Vintage, 25W
Treble: 10:00
Bass: 10:00
Presence: 11:00
Master: 11:00
Guitar: Telecaster, bridge position
Guitar Vol: 8
Guitar Tone: 9

Lead Guitar
Channel: 2 Modern, 25W
Gain: 11:00
Treble: 10:00
Bass: 9:00
Presence: 9:00
Master: 10:00
Guitar: Les Paul, bridge position
Guitar Vol: 10
Guitar Tone: 6
Reverb: off

Version of just intro with clean guitar:

https://soundcloud.com/gbyrnes/little-black-submarines-clean

Settings:
Clean Rhythm Guitar
Guitar: Telecaster, middle position
Guitar Vol: 9

Clean Lead Guitar
Guitar: Telecaster, neck position
Guitar Vol: 10

IMG_2423.jpg

Congrats on your new amp! I will check out the tune as soon as I can.

I was planning on a Corso too, but after all the hype following the Pete Thorn video, I discovered the TA15 and bought that instead of a Corso.

Nice setup!

I too have a RV25 head and a 1x12 rectifier cabinet. I am curious about one thing though, does your do a massive volume jump from around 9-10 o'clock on your masters for both channels? I went from a mini rectifier to a RV25 after giving up hope hunting for a decent reverb pedal. That volume jump was kind of surprising as that is where I would keep it for the mini rectifier for practice, but its almost too loud with the RV25.

andross182 said:
Nice setup!

I too have a RV25 head and a 1x12 rectifier cabinet. I am curious about one thing though, does your do a massive volume jump from around 9-10 o'clock on your masters for both channels? I went from a mini rectifier to a RV25 after giving up hope hunting for a decent reverb pedal. That volume jump was kind of surprising as that is where I would keep it for the mini rectifier for practice, but its almost too loud with the RV25.

I would say so. I wouldn't say massive but that is where the amp gets cooking. After 10 o'clock to about 1 o'clock on the master the increase in volume is more significant than on the lower part of the dial.

Latest posts

Back