NA(s)D! Hi Res pics inside - reviews below

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
So, after a short but still not-fun wait, here are my new amplifiers that came in today. Don't adjust your monitors, you are not seeing double.
This is the reason my stuff has been for sale (and my Triple Rectifier is still available!). Gotta say a huge "Thanks" to Erin and Tim, great people to work with. It is a
huge blessing to be affiliated with such an awesome amp company.

2010 Dual Rectifier Multi-watt heads in Hot White Bronco with Black Diamond Plate, black vents and black tube cage, Chrome knobs, black corners, and purple jewels.
Rectifier Standard Straight Front 4x12's in Hot White Bronco with Black Grilles, Black corners, black piping and C90/V30 speakers in an "x" pattern. Rated at 300 watts (although they are really 240w, since the V30's are 60 watters).

IMAG1408.jpg

IMAG1409.jpg

IMAG1410.jpg

IMAG1411.jpg

IMAG1417.jpg

IMAG1416.jpg

IMAG1418.jpg

IMAG1415.jpg

IMAG1421.jpg

IMAG1426.jpg

-AJH

Little bit excessive with the photos :lol:

Cool **** dude, I like the colour. I've never seen white before. Enjoy the sounds :twisted:

dude! con-f`n-grats! that looks awesome. its really nice to see good things happen to good people. that white is gonna look HOT on stage. oh yeah you gotta limit your pic upload size :shock: i can`t even see them in thier full glory.

thanks so much guys, yeah, i'll go in and adjust them in photobucket. My phone that I took these photos on takes 8mp photos, and they are huge, so I'll reduce the size right now. Sorry for so many of them, I just got excited lol. They sound awesome though. Plan on swapping one out with EL-34's (one was supposed to come with them from the factory, but I guess that order got mixed up and both came with stock 6L6's, no worries though).

-AJH

I understand the excitement for sure :D

Any chance you're gunna bring those white-hot slabs of metal up to Vancouver, BC?

Thanks Riff. It sounds amazing. I am hoping to maybe get some clips recorded, but, we'll see how that goes. Don't have recording equipment of my own.

mrd said:

Any chance you're gunna bring those white-hot slabs of metal up to Vancouver, BC?

I hope so, it would be great to come up there! Closest we've gotten to the North Country is Niagara Falls :lol: We could see across the boarder! I have my passport
ready though, for whenever our tour calls for a few out of the States dates :twisted:

-AJH

So why two of them? and if that was me I would just get one cab loaded with V30's and the other loaded with the C90"s? Anyway rig looks great.

Beautiful.
wish my mark came in white as a mistake and they sold it for the same price

Thanks so much guys! I appreciate the kind words!

We are actually about to go into the studio to record another full-length cd for our label (Facedown Records), so i'll keep you posted on what we are doing/using and the sounds.
We'll be hitting the road again early next year, come and see us if we come near where you are! We'll hang out and talk shop haha

siggy14 said:
So why two of them? and if that was me I would just get one cab loaded with V30's and the other loaded with the C90"s? Anyway rig looks great.

Short answer:
One is technically my main and the other my backup. Fuse blows or a tube goes out during a show, the second is worth it's weight to be there, plug and play.

Long answer(s): :mrgreen:
I will be running them in unison most of the time. The plan is to run one with 6L6's and the other with EL34's, which they were supposed to come that way from the factory but I guess that got lost on the build sheet (that is the only thing, and not that big of a deal to me, they are fantastic and couldn't be happier!). I will get some soon and put them in one, also want to get some GZ34's to run in that head as well, so that I have the option to run tube tracking with the EL34's. I think the sounds will blend nicely.

As for the cabs, I really like the blended sound of the c90/V30 and in some places we play, we only use one cab, so I wanted both speakers in each cab. The reason for the "x" pattern is, when using one cab, I can run each head into that one cab in stereo, and still have the speakers blended since the cabs split vertically. They asked me if I wanted a Road King cab set up, but I wanted the speakers blended, and I also wanted solid backs :D.

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
Thanks Riff. It sounds amazing. I am hoping to maybe get some clips recorded, but, we'll see how that goes. Don't have recording equipment of my own.

mrd said:

I hope so, it would be great to come up there! Closest we've gotten to the North Country is Niagara Falls :lol: We could see across the boarder! I have my passport
ready though, for whenever our tour calls for a few out of the States dates :twisted:

-AJH

Well, Niagara Falls is ... kinda far away, lol. But yeah, there's lots of dirty, grungey bars full of scummy metal-dudes here that would love to hear you play (I'm one of them!) Be sure and post some tour dates when you get them next year.

Alright, SO, after the Thanksgiving weekend, I finally got to go back to the practice space yesterday and today and did a couple comparison tests.

Guitar used was one of my two PRS SE Toreros with EMG 81(b)/85(n) (to give you an idea of the hardware I use to get my sounds)

First up was the new Multi-Watt Dual Rec against my 2005 3-channel Triple Rec.
I ran each head through their own cab (same spec), both on Bold, Diodes, clean on ch1, Vintage mode (what I use) on ch 2 and ch 3. Both have new Mesa 6L6GC power tubes and new Mesa (JJ) 12ax7 preamp tubes.

The new head seems to cut through a little better, having more of a high end bite, that isn't annoying or brittle. On ch 1, the clean on the DR was a little more 'chimey', with a little more depth and clean punch. Ch 2 was similar on both, but, the gain was a little smoother on the DR, as was the presence control's sound. Ch 3 had a more noticeable difference. On the DR, it wasn't overly brash or terribly trebly, like the TR could become if the Presence knob was raised above 10:00. I think I will be using Ch 3 more on the new heads, I like the sound of it. I typically stayed on Ch 2 of the TR, because it is noticeably warmer than Ch 3. Both sounded good, although I do prefer the Multi-Watt over the older Triple, but, I would still be happy with the TR if I weren't able to get these. It is a great head and sounded good through the c90/v30 x patterned cab.

The next comparison is what I plan to use live with this rig, which is running one DR with 6L6's and the other with EL-34's. I grabbed a set of Tung Sol EL-34B's that I had in my TR (till I broke one...only need two duets for the DR's though :cool:)while I was at the house, and popped them in one of the heads last night (the new tube 'cage' protectors are nice, just snaps out, no screws, really simple to remove and put back in, and fully encases the tubes, although I can see the little plastic holders breaking if handled roughly). The differences that the two power tubes had is to be expected, but still neat to hear nonetheless.

The 6L6 head had more bass, a slightly scooped sound, and lots of thump. The EL-34 head has more midrange, and a looser bottom (I am running all 3 channels in Tube Tracking with 5U4GB recto tubes, going to get GZ34's and Mesa STR-447 EL-34's soon).

The clean channels differ a bit with the two tubes. The EL's is a little warmer and a tad brighter, and the 6L6's is a little more "jangly". "Pushed" settings brought forth a little difference as well, with the EL34 head sounding warm, and breaking up nicely, and the 6L6 head sounding a little more focused, with a little been harsher grit, but not too harsh. Adding an OD808 to it made fore some nice medium gain blues sounds.

Ch 2 and Ch 3 differ just from the tube characteristics and the rectifier setting. The Bass response on the 6L6 head is very powerful, where as on the EL-34 head it is a little looser with the Tube Tracking, but the harmonics seem to be more enhanced with this head, especially when playing full chords.The heads really seem to compliment each other in this configuration.

I have both head's channels set relatively close to if not the same (see pic below), thus letting each power tube/rectifier setting's sound come through (6L6 is on Diodes on all three channels, both on BOLD variac setting). In time one power tube may grow on me more than the other, but for now, I am digging one of each. Can't wait to use them in a live setting soon, and they should be fun to have in the studio here in a couple weeks (recording our second full length).

One other note, I have also experimented with the 50/100 watt mode on ch 2 and ch 3, and although there isn't a huge volume drop (not expected), there is slight difference. The 50 watt mode seems to make the amp sound a bit more aggressive in some aspects, mainly gain sounding more brash(not in a bad way), with 100 watt mode adding more headroom, a little bit more bass response and chime.

Settings marked in RED, both heads set to 100 watt on all channels, Ch1 "Clean", CH 2 and Ch 3 "Vintage" modes on both:
BothHeadscloseupsettings.jpg

-AJH

Latest posts

Back