My wife is insane. NOW WITH PICTURES!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanj51505

Reaction score
Well, I would've searched the forum first but because of my low post count I can't. So please excuse me if this has been recently covered.

To make a long story short, my wife is a vengeful beast and the other day took a knife to my Recto traditional cab and my fender custom vibrolux reverb. Not only is the grill cloth slaughtered but holes were sliced into several of the speakers. My Stiletto head got tossed on the floor as well, but upon visual inspection it looks ok. Haven't plugged it in yet to try it out though.

I have pictures and will post them later when I get home.

Anyone know where this could get repaired? I want them to look just like they did, brand spankin new! I am in the Pacific Northwest so if anyone knows of someone in this area that does this work that would be especially cool.

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

Wow - I would be out the door man! Did you cheat on her or something?!! (not my business - sorry)

I'm sure they can be fixed - don't worry. I'd like to see pics though...

Ah yes..... Divorce court. It does appear to be heading that way. And honestly, our marriage has had issues for years starting with her indescretions (yes plural). I played the good guy for too long. Stuck by and tried to save the marriage. Until about a couple months ago when this 24 year old cutie (I'm 35) starting sending the vibe my way. Yep, as Kramer from Seinfeld said, "I'm OUT!"

But my wife hit me right where she knew it would hurt. I am JUST SO GLAD I had gotten all my guitars out of the house the day before!!!!!

If i was you i would hit her where it hurts, go destroy something she loves, shoes, or dresses ect... I dont believe in normaly doing this, but in my book and eye for an eye.

ryanj51505 said:
Ah yes..... Divorce court. It does appear to be heading that way. And honestly, our marriage has had issues for years starting with her indescretions (yes plural). I played the good guy for too long. Stuck by and tried to save the marriage. Until about a couple months ago when this 24 year old cutie (I'm 35) starting sending the vibe my way. Yep, as Kramer from Seinfeld said, "I'm OUT!"

But my wife hit me right where she knew it would hurt. I am JUST SO GLAD I had gotten all my guitars out of the house the day before!!!!!

Sad to hear about the damage. Perhaps try to contact Mesa and Fender with your story and see if they might make an offer to repair the amps for free, or at least a discounted price. C'mon, your just a poor man trying to make it in this psycho wench world!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I think I would have to solve that by cutting her hair while she slept....but that's just the spiteful ******* in me...and that really wouldn't look too good on you in divorce court.

I'd definately get revenge on that somehow.

www.vibroworld.com carries Mesa grille cloth, and I think they're out of Portland, Oregon. You could look on eBay to get some replacement speakers, or call Mesa directly. Maybe they would cut you a deal based on the circumstances... :?:

If you have a staple gun, the grille cloth isn't very hard to replace, it's just time consuming.

man, sorry to hear that. its not a hard job at all to re-tolex your stuff. you can find basically anything you need at www.speakerbuildersupply.com , and as someone else said, vibroworld sells grill cloth. sorry to hear about all that dude

Sounds like my story exactly. Listen, man... I know you probably don't want to hear anymore about it, but get out of there. Tell you what I did. We had a big brawl of sorts so I told her we needed a break. I took her to the airport and bought here a ticket, and told her she needed to stay with her mom for a bit. I told her she could come back in a couple of months after we had had some time. I never intended for her to come back, and when she called asking when i wanted her back i told her it wasn't going to happen. Like you, I am 34 and now have a 24 year old g/f that i have been happily involved with for 3 years. She is so sweet, i continually kick myself for being such a dumbass and staying with the other one for so long. 9 years to be exact. Ditching her was the smartest thing i've ever done.

Hey guys thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it all at this time. Currently she is living with friends and I got the house. We have agreed to separate for a while. Which is good.

Rocksoff, dude we should go get some drinks, I have been married to this woman 9 years and all of the sudden its just gone from bad to worse, thank god we have no kids..... blah blah blah... This is a guitar forum so back on topic....

I'll check out those resources. What about speakers? I suppose I could buy directly from Mesa or Fender but fear paying a premium. BTW, the tolex on both was spared. No damage. It was just the grills and speakers that receieved the damage.

siggy14 said:
If i was you i would hit her where it hurts, go destroy something she loves, shoes, or dresses ect... I dont believe in normaly doing this, but in my book and eye for an eye.
Nah man, he should just f**k her sister or best friend and record it on video.

That'd do it.

Sorry for your loss...been there and aint NEVER goin' back!

Though it won't prevent damage like this, this is why my two guitars were specified in my prenuptial agreement.

Male or female run as far and as fast as you can away from anyone who exhibits this level of rage and demonstrates it through physical aggression; she could have just as easily decided to slash you.

Take pictures, document everything and get the meanest nastiest most aggressive divorce attorney you can find. If you have kids don't raise them in a household where they learn this way of expressing anger.

People can rarely learn to modify their behavior so why waste time when there are so many nice people out there who have their sh$$ together.

Go find a woman who looks at you and treats you like you hung the moon and play guitar like a rockstar.

You might not have to replace the speakers. A recone might do the trick. Sorry to hear about your gear.
Also
Ditch the b*tch :lol:

Physical aggression is a sign of extreme weakness and lack of self control. A weak disoriented person will go to great lenghts to try and establish a feeling of control and strenght by exhibiting exactly that type of behaviour.

Basically she feels like you have the extreme upper hand in your relationship. She feels like you also are capable of emotionally destroying her. IMO, there is no reason to be spiteful, it will hurt her the most just to be nice and let the lawyers handle the rest. What hurts the most is to have nothing to pick at when somebody leaves - and its a good lesson too.

On another note, maybe you could be convinced to metal grille under the mesh? They are exellent kick plates that would prevent beer bottles and knives in your case of reaching the speakers.

-D

ryanj51505 said:
Hey guys thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it all at this time. Currently she is living with friends and I got the house. We have agreed to separate for a while. Which is good.

Rocksoff, dude we should go get some drinks, I have been married to this woman 9 years and all of the sudden its just gone from bad to worse, thank god we have no kids..... blah blah blah... This is a guitar forum so back on topic....

I'll check out those resources. What about speakers? I suppose I could buy directly from Mesa or Fender but fear paying a premium. BTW, the tolex on both was spared. No damage. It was just the grills and speakers that receieved the damage.

I think mesa sells v30's cheaper than musician's friend. They're 119 at Musician's Friend and 109 from mesa.. I could be wrong though... check out the sticky at the top of this forum http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=9622 < there's a link to it. it has the prices of everything. if you want to get right to it, the section on that list regarding speakers is on the 6th page (images not thread) and at the bottom left corner of the image. The section is entitled "Mesa/Boogie (c) Custom Speakers"

here's a link to musician's enemy selling them for 119 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Celestion-Vintage-30-Speaker?sku=660230

All I can aadd is: get a lawyer, if you haven't already done so. And make sure any joint bank accounts are secure. And good luck with everything. You never know how married you are until you get a divorce.

Latest posts

Back