My Rig - relatively new member

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erectifier

Reaction score
img0011zc.jpg

Mesa Solo 50 head into a XF212 loaded with v30s.

That there is a cab i built myself and felt i should share it with the boogie community. If you find yourself struggling to hear your playing at an unmic'd gig or rehearsal you NEED to check out http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/XFCabs.html

The idea behind the design is that by slanting the speaker baffles backwards the sound shoots up at the player and not around your shins. Unless im standing right over the cab messing around with settings this really works (just like leaning the amp back on a wall or something). The baffles are also angled inwards, hence the name crossfire(XF), so that the drivers are 'crossfiring' their sound rather than just shooting it directly out. This really helps disperse your sound around the room, across the stage, out over a stadium whatever! On top of all this you get a cab for about a quarter of the retail price if you can borrow some woodworking gear (all you need is a router and a circular saw) and source cheap wood and drivers. I had never done anyy woodworking before and found building this cab a breeze not to mention extremely rewarding and fun! Anyways i hope you enjoy the snap and please do check out his website, he has forums on there if you need to ask any questions.

That look pretty cool, a good 2x12 to have for smaller venues! I'll have to look into building one myself, thanks for the link :D

Nice rig, however this is the third post you have mentioned this cabinet and where to get it etc.. Dont mind if you like your cab, but if you work for them dont go pimping the stuff around in the normal forums.

yeah sorry about that, i dont work for them but i just cant believe the man charges $12 for his amazing schematics and wanted to get his name out there. ill add it to my sig

Back