My re-tubed LSC gets 5 stars this time around..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank all you boogie guys for direction in problem solving.. I used my LSC last night on a gig .. first time since it went south and blew a fuse ect.. the second time i played it live.. man those JJ tubes just make it sing and after a bit of a learning curve .. I love this amp .. I've got all new JJs and my old SRO EV in this combo and it was worth everything i went through.. It has such a wonderful pristine sound and no buzz or hum ether and thats at performance levels.. I use the 2 channel as my over drive solo, believe me at the 10 watt setting it'll rip you a new one... I also added a fulltone primsoul pedal to my small pedal board.. this amp works so well with everything.. I've got huge headroom and so many different sounds in my gain.. wow i was playing on the set breaks i was so into this amp... I am so glad i went with the LSC Now.. If you want as good or better twin clean sound without the noise, this is the amp.. Not to mention dialed in this amp has wonderful gains to explore.. Yay... ha lol..

Yea.... Its a great gigin amp once you get use to it. Mine still has Mesa tubes in it butI have a set of JJ's on the way. Itwill be a nice bonus if they improve the tone of my LSC more like everyone on the board says they do. I just wanted a backup set to have in case I ever had problems. I will probably put in the JJ's and keep the Mesa tubes as backups.

Congratulations, glad you got it there. What kind of music are you playing when you gig, and how loud are you turning up the amp?

Hey guys.. sorry been out of pocket.. We play lots of everything.. well we're old and thats the truth.. and we play loud (not cool) But we're all deaf.. lol. I love my LSC and with the old 300watt EV SRO the clean can make you fall in love.. My settings are some what subject to change..Duh. I also use a small compact tilt bar made by Hamilton stands (uni-stand) I face the amp toward me to the left about 4 feet tilted up like you would a twin. I don't like putting the amp behind me and i want to hear the tone clearly, as i am still tweaking. I mike it with a flat face mic at the very bottom of the speaker at the sweet spot for the most bottom end. Ch 1. gain 1 oclock/ treble 12/mid 9/bass 7/presence 1/master 1/ output 12. I switch back and forth from 50 to 100 watt settings. Channel 2. gain 12 oclock/drive at 1/treble 2-6/mid 0/bass 0/presence 2/master 10/ This is at 10 watt setting.. I also use a fulltone primsoul as a alt dirty changing the sustain gives me lots of choices.. I think with the new JJ's this LSC would kill a twin in all area's and you know what ? It doesn't hum or buzz when im not playing.. These setting are for a large stage area and im sure the volume will have to come down a bit in a tighter situation. The thing is i've done what i set out to do months ago.. find the perfect fender type amp with great cleans and plenty headroom.. this amp is no. 1

Your next logical move would be the Reeder mod 1. It opens the 2nd ch to more closely mimic (actually replicate) the 1st ch and would allow your bass and mids to come up from "0". It's a killer when using the drive function. Clear as a pedal, that closer emulates the "Twin" (in therory) of an open sound and accepts OD pedals more readily w/o muddying up the sound.

Plan-X..... When you say do the Reedner mod, which one do you mean? Just the pot swap or the mid pot mod. I am thinking of doing the pot swap on channel 2 and am wondering if the mid mod is worth it.

Pot swap is the one I'm talking about. The mid mod is fairly subtle mod and for the guy who wants to squeeze a little more out of de-muddifying the 2nd ch. The pot swap has the more dramatic effect of clearing up ch 2.

Cool. I think I am going to try out the pot swap. Seems simple enough and cost nothing to do

weekend warrior said:
I just wanted to thank all you boogie guys for direction in problem solving.. I used my LSC last night on a gig .. first time since it went south and blew a fuse ect.. the second time i played it live.. man those JJ tubes just make it sing and after a bit of a learning curve .. I love this amp .. I've got all new JJs and my old SRO EV in this combo and it was worth everything i went through.. It has such a wonderful pristine sound and no buzz or hum ether and thats at performance levels.. I use the 2 channel as my over drive solo, believe me at the 10 watt setting it'll rip you a new one... I also added a fulltone primsoul pedal to my small pedal board.. this amp works so well with everything.. I've got huge headroom and so many different sounds in my gain.. wow i was playing on the set breaks i was so into this amp... I am so glad i went with the LSC Now.. If you want as good or better twin clean sound without the noise, this is the amp.. Not to mention dialed in this amp has wonderful gains to explore.. Yay... ha lol..

Not trying to encourage you, but you should hear the LSC with great NOS tubes! I installed NOS Sylvania 6L6 STR415 power tubes and NOS preamp and rectifier tubes and she sings. I've never heard a better sounding 6L6 tube than these.

Latest posts

Back