My Rack re-wired

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samhill

Reaction score
Here's some pics of a show we played with Lukas Rossi(Rockstar Supernova)

Mark Day
www.thesamhillband.com
HPIM0888.JPG

HPIM0894.JPG

HPIM0892.JPG

HPIM0895.JPG

that is so beautiful. i love rack setups.

just curious, what kind of wireless is that and how is it? i'm thinking about getting a Shure UHF wireless but i'm really worried that it will effect my tone.
will it and does yours?

turmoil said:

just curious, what kind of wireless is that and how is it? i'm thinking about getting a Shure UHF wireless but i'm really worried that it will effect my tone.
will it and does yours?

It's a very low tech Nady 201 VHF. I've had it for years and it really sounds like a cable, except you can actually give it a touch of gain to hit the amp a bit harder....I really like the sound of it better than a cable.
They should run about $75-$100 used. I've tried some of the other wireless units out there and I don't like what it does to the tone. I've owned some very expensive units and keep coming back to this old thing.

Mark

Very nice rack and I like the switching system. This rig must weigh a ton though :? Hopefully it doesn't have to be lifted very often.

rdomain said:
Very nice rack and I like the switching system. This rig must weigh a ton though :? Hopefully it doesn't have to be lifted very often.

It's too heavy for one person. It gets moved a few times per week.
It's sound is worth the trouble of lifting it.

Mark

Sam I finally got my Pro rack G a couple days ago. Thanks for the heads up...now my rack is super quiet. Now all I have to do is find a line mixer. No one here (in this area) has ever heard of using one,so it's getting pretty hard to find people that know whats what.

I did see a deal on a GCX switcher...will this do something similar to the line mixer?

By the way,I haven't heard anything about Supernova...are they touring now or still in the studio.

prs1999 said:
Sam I finally got my Pro rack G a couple days ago. Thanks for the heads up...now my rack is super quiet. Now all I have to do is find a line mixer. No one here (in this area) has ever heard of using one,so it's getting pretty hard to find people that know whats what.

I did see a deal on a GCX switcher...will this do something similar to the line mixer?

By the way,I haven't heard anything about Supernova...are they touring now or still in the studio.

I would suggest getting a switcher(like the GCX) and a line mixer. They should be used together for optimal flexability and tone.
The GCX is a fine unit but it's not a mixer.
Supernova starts their tour New Year's Eve I think.
You can email me through my website if you have any in depth questions about setting up a rack with switchers and line mixers.

Mark Day
www.thesamhillband.com

turmoil said:

will it and does yours?

I have the Shure UHF SLX series wireless...and it is super clear....you can't tell the difference between it and a cable. In fact, it provides more than a cable because you're able to boost your signal -- especially useful with single coils.

Man youve got on of the best rack setups ive ever seen. and your clips are great. im still building my rack, just a peavey rockmaster and mesa 2 90.
How many times do you play a month
Great band BTW

whackmaster63 said:
Man youve got on of the best rack setups ive ever seen. and your clips are great. im still building my rack, just a peavey rockmaster and mesa 2 90.
How many times do you play a month
Great band BTW

Thanks Whack!!! I appreciate your comments.

Mark

Back