My Now Vintage Strat - Photo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty Rhodes

Reaction score
So I've had my 1973 Stratocaster since I bought it new and realized that I've had it for some 36 years now. It's always been with me so I really never thought about it being calssified as "vintage". I had it re-fretted and a graphite nut installed but otherwise it's all original. I play it nearly every day but take care of it like I do all of my gear. At any rate, I thought you'd might like to see what it looks like.

stratocaster.jpg

tramp said:
Very 'clean' a nice looking axe...hope she sounds as good as she looks!

It certainly does. With the fretboard being leveled during the re-fret process it's nice and fast with no buzzes. It's always had an unsually good neck for the decade it was made in. By that I mean that the '70s were some pretty dark years quality wise for both Fender and Gibson. But this one was always an exception.

tramp said:
What's with the Union Jack on the S/P....?? being from blighty I'm wondering.......
Well I put that on in oh, probably 1974 or so. I was a huge fan (still am) of British rock. That was my major influence and so I guess I was honoring that by displaying the Jack.

I surprised its in that good of shape!

I kind of like how it looks when a strats paint is wearing off and the plastic is all yellowed.

still super clean axe!

lerxst88 said:
I surprised its in that good of shape!

I kind of like how it looks when a strats paint is wearing off and the plastic is all yellowed.

still super clean axe!

Thanks. Less wear = greater value even though I did play it enough to cause the frets needing replacing. However the finish has developed striations in the laquer which resemble very fine long cracks which are a part of the natural aging process.

Latest posts

Back