My New Lonestar Special!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin

Reaction score
I have rejoined the Mesa family!

IMG_0085.jpg

I purchased a mint condition Lonestar Special for literally half the price of a new one. I used to own a Mark IVB Widebody Combo. I sold that and ended up buying a Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue. However, after hearing the Lonestar Special I immediately began looking for one. I'm glad I started looking when I did because I got an amazing deal!

I have a question regarding my new purchase. I bought the amp from the original owner. He purchased the amp in 2008 but never filled out the warranty registration sheet. He gave me the original bill of sale. If I were to fill out the warranty registration sheet would the five year warranty start now? Can someone please explain how the process works? Thanks!

Penguin said:

IMG_0085.jpg

I purchased a mint condition Lonestar Special for literally half the price of a new one. I used to own a Mark IVB Widebody Combo. I sold that and ended up buying a Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue. However, after hearing the Lonestar Special I immediately began looking for one. I'm glad I started looking when I did because I got an amazing deal!

I have a question regarding my new purchase. I bought the amp from the original owner. He purchased the amp in 2008 but never filled out the warranty registration sheet. He gave me the original bill of sale. If I were to fill out the warranty registration sheet would the five year warranty start now? Can someone please explain how the process works? Thanks!
I belive the warranty starts from the date of purchase . And since the original owner never sent the card in you may not have a warranty at all . You can contact mesa and they will tell you .

splatter said:
Penguin said:

IMG_0085.jpg

I belive the warranty starts from the date of purchase . And since the original owner never sent the card in you may not have a warranty at all . You can contact mesa and they will tell you .

I'd imagine the original bill of sale would work and the warranty would start from the original sales date.

I purchased my LSS used off of ebay. I've had to send it in to Mesa for repairs twice. Mesa had me get the original sales receipt. I got it and gave it to the local Mesa repair rep who got the LSS warranty going. Not sure if original purchaser ever put through the warranty card. Mesa has paid for most of the work on my amp which has been in the shop 4xs now. They covered everything except tubes and $130.00 in shipping total over the years. Mesa's techs in my area are problematic and i let them know so they were accomodating (one sold me my back up el84 tubes new in a box - i thought - at gig amp fried 2 weeks after his repair and opened my new tube and it was a used marshall preamp tube. The other repair guy took 6 weeks to fix a bent volume pot, he was sick then his kid was sick and on and on).

So I think you'll be fine. Remember to rotate your tubes every 6 months and change them depending on use. Only use Mesa tubes so you don't void warranty but ask Mesa you may also be able to use groove tubes i believe.

By rotating the tubes every 6 months, are you suggesting rotating the EL84's as pairs (inside to outside, etc.) or the other tubes, as well?

Mesa told me to take the 2 inner el84s and exchange them with the 2 outer el84s, I think there's info in the owner's manual saying the same thing? Not the pre amp tubes they inferred leaving those be unless a problem developed

When I called Mesa recently regarding a blown Rectifier tube, it was suggested that one should replace all of the EL84's every 18 months or so. Nothing was said about a 6 month rotation. I suppose there is no harm in the 6 month rotation and may well make sense if one is only using the 5 watt setting, to put some time on another tube.

Latest posts

Back