My Mesa Triaxis (CUSTOMIZED) playing FIXXXER!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaGod666

Reaction score
UPDATED: Remixed version HERE. I cut the boomy low-mids coming from the bass.
-------------
This is a clip of me playing through my now customized Mesa Boogie Triaxis preamp. The song is Metallica's FIXXXER.

The Triaxis is working way better than the stock one did. I had a few "tube amp engineers" make their adjustments to this preamp based upon my favorite tones. This tone is my IIC+ LD 2 Yellow setting.

Sounds boss.

This didn't happen to be a "phase inverter" customization, would it? :wink: BAD ASSSSSE! Most under rated Metallica song EVER!!!!

ryjan said:
This didn't happen to be a "phase inverter" customization, would it?

Haha...nah!

Mostly cleaned up LD1 RED and reworked some EQ settings. Essentially, when the DV is set to 10 all of the mids are sucked out, the bass is tightened up a bit with more 4k punch and 10K rolled off.

Definitely sounds boss, yeah. The only thing I'd comment is that it sounds a little "soft", but compared to the original recording it's pretty **** spot on! :)

Wait were those settings you posted in the Rack Pieces before or after this mod?

Jackie said:
Definitely sounds boss, yeah. The only thing I'd comment is that it sounds a little "soft", but compared to the original recording it's pretty **** spot on! :)

Wait were those settings you posted in the Rack Pieces before or after this mod?

After the mod...so...you may have to do a little adjusting to make them translate.

Sounds boss :D The tone sounds pretty nailed, specially those "muted scratch" in the 2nd verse (around 2:10-2:20). Were you tuned 1/2 step down? What guitar/pups did you use?

Jackie said:
The only thing I'd comment is that it sounds a little "soft"

Yeah and I think that "softness" is what makes that tone really "sing" more that "shouting at your face".

Back