my JP2c sounds weak and frail, it has no balls.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim_Ryder said:
my JP-2C sounds better with the mesa 8 ohm 2x12 recto cab, that improved the overall tone of the amp tremendously. has anyone experienced any trouble with their reverb? my reverb is set up for channel one and I am rocking out in channel 2 and when I switch to channel one I get a reverb echo. Is there anyone else experiencing this issue?

and thanks a million for explaining the difference between the volume tapers of the rectifier and the JP2-C, that really eased my mind.

I noticed this as well when I first got the amp and I ended up calling Mesa on it. Turns out, it's not an issue at all but rather a natural side affect from the spring reverb. The way the tech explained it to me is that the springs are still vibrating and that noise is left over in the tank once you switch over and thats why you hear an echo. Thats how it was explained to me.

thanks for explaining the reverb thing to me, I just wont use it lol! I took my JP-2C pedal to the mesa boogie shop in SF to see if the reverb problem was just in my amp. It turns out that the reverb thing is in all of the JP-2C amps, it stopped echoing after messing with it for a few minutes.

and the hiss problems I was experiencing was not a tube issue, I just needed a noise gate, problem solved lol!

Latest posts

Back