My humble mark collection ( III coli, IIC+)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtravigent

Reaction score
Gday guys, im mason, im from Melbourne in Australia.

Ive been building this lot for a while now, spent way too much money, but i think i can finally rest now! Mesa gear is very hard to get in Aus, especially the old stuff, so both heads I have purchased from the states.

So, big brother first.

Mesa Boogie Mark III coliseum, full options (simul, reverb, GEQ), running through an oldschool 4 by 12.

DSC02122.jpg

This thing absolutly punishes my ******* neighbours. Havnt had it for too long, so still mastering the demon, but alot of fun. The cab has been modified to full back.

Now, the little brother.

Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+, 60W, reverb, no GEQ.

DSC02124.jpg

This is one angry little fucker, for only 60W, but now the III has arrived, i am using it for mainly cleans and cleanish lead. The cab is a Roadking half back.

Oh, and the amp in the middle is just a little Randall T2 i traded for a 7 string, just to fiddle around with

Also, im trying to find any other aussie owners of coli's, so if youve got one over here, give us a yell!

Nice collection. That GEQ curve on the Mark III looks kinda familiar... :p

man that's awesome! did you get the 60 watt from canada? does it say "metallica" inside? What songs do you use the "M" shape GEQ for? or what tones you get out of it like that?

the poster in the back looks like James is humping your rig. He's using his guitar to hide his excitement!

scott

hahaha, i did indeed mate, seen it about before have you?

still experimenting with the GEQ, as im not used to having one at my disposal. that formation does a 'brighter' metallica tone, in this config anyway, then when you up the outside two sliders to max, and drop the next ones in a bit, gets very heavy.

yeah, het keeps on eye on preceedings, a little encouragement poster, when i think of putting the guitar down to play computer games, i cast my gaze that direction, then practise for another hour!

I'm also part of the Coli Club, but I'm up here in the States. I can also attest to how brutal the Coliseums are. The extra headroom really makes the cleans on the Coli shimmer, and the gain is more brutal, almost too much (of that's possible). What stripe is yours? Have you tried slaving the IIC+ into the Coli?

Nice rigs man! That 4x12" have been through some tough times...

Latest posts

Back