MY HUGE MESA BOOGIE RACK PICS STRATEGY500/TRIAXIS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawrence

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pictures of part of my guitar rack. What do you guys think of this rig? Also much more gear, this is just the rack. I also run 4 other heads, and a 1966 Fender Pro Reverb 2- 12" combo.Here is my rig updated, a few new pictures. Almost done with the rack as well, There should be millions of tones between all of these. What do you guys think? Still absent from my rig is my 1966 Fender Pro Reverb. It is being re vaitalized, after almost 40 years of being on this planet. I can't wait till my tech Obeid gets is done. It is the purest clean tube tones that I have ever heard, a complete magical sound, so pure and toneful. As far as the distortion tones- I have such a wide range with the Uberschall, Metaltronix M1000, Mesa Boogie MKII B that has been upgraded to a C+ and a DEAF LOUIE Tone Modifaction by the one and only MIKE BENDINELLI. I have had so many guitarist over the years, that have heard and then want to buy my MKII. Not for sale however. I also have never really ever been a fan of Marshall Amps. I do love the silver Jubilee Marshalls, but have found them very inconsistant. I ran into this FAWN 1979 MKII MASTER LEAD HEAD, and it is without a doubt, the holy grail of Marshall tone to me. It is a 100 watt monster that just cuts thru the mix, like no other amp I have ever heard. This amp had 6550's in it when I bought it for $250. I had Obeid put in a quartet of NOS Seimens EL34's from the 70s, and now get outta the way, cause this amp is just ready to mow ya over. There is no way of this amps sound being lost in any mix. It is the mix. I also use a old rare KASHA QUIK MOD with this amp that gives it the greatest gain you can imagine. Ultimate crunch. Think Lynch Mobs Wicked Sensations rhythm tones. This amp head is not capable of the hi gain which I look for, but with this old Kasha, it is just smoldering. I will be using this rig with my 20 space rack, or without, depending on the gig and venue. Check out the pics,I welcome your comments:) THANKS

http://webpages.charter.net/machinegunn/dscn%203321.jpg

Larry Gunn

Here are 2 of my many guitars. These are real tone machines here. Can anyone guess the brand name of these 2. The red one sounds and plays like the greatest les paul you can imagine. Both are kinda heavy, but the tone is all here.

http://webpages.charter.net/machinegunn/dscn%20578.jpg

Not sure about the guitars. I did recently grab an original A/DA flanger, which I see you have in your....arsenal! :eek:
Best flanger around..
Got any sound samples of your music?
ax. 8)

My guess is Fender squires, Brownsville (Sam Ash), or First Act guitars found at Walmart .... :)

If they play as good as they look, I'd say you have some mighty fine instruments.
lawrence said:
Here are 2 of my many guitars. These are real tone machines here. Can anyone guess the brand name of these 2. The red one sounds and plays like the greatest les paul you can imagine. Both are kinda heavy, but the tone is all here.

http://webpages.charter.net/machinegunn/dscn%20578.jpg

The guitars were handmade in the USA by Dave Bunker. The brand is Bunker guitars. His guitars are just great. Such a responsive fretboard. The sustain is unequalled, by any of my many professional guitars. What do you guys think of my Mesa collection. That STRATEGY 500 is the god of all poweramps. Stadium crushing power. It makes all of my preamps roar. IT makes my Bogner Triple giant so tight n crunchy, and really makes my Soldano preamp sing. I also many boogie tones with the Triaxis, as well as utilizing the Tri's switching/loop presetable functions. And I use my MESA HIGH GAIN amp switcher, to bring my Mesa Mark IIB/ Metaltronix M1000/ Bogner UBERSCHALL/ and my Marshall JMP2203 Master Lead Head into the mix.

that rig is insane! its seriously professional. steve vai or petrucci could have that as their arsenal any day. mustve cost you a fortune

Very nice rig....but please remove the plastic protection from the triaxis! PLEASE!

This rig is from many years of gear hording. I could have a status symbol car to keep up with the Jones's, but I will just drive my old 1990 Audi till the day it drops, and keep adding more gear to my arsenal. Sick huh

I have already removed the plastic protective layer from the Triaxis front. I had my Triaxis refaced, with a new membrane, cause the old one was falling apart around the up/down button increment arrows. I just need to take some new pictures. I will post some soon. I will have b4 and after wiring pics

Larry

lawrence said:
This rig is from many years of gear hording. I could have a status symbol car to keep up with the Jones's, but I will just drive my old 1990 Audi till the day it drops, and keep adding more gear to my arsenal. Sick huh

or just keep putting the pieces that fall of it on your amps...........oh lawrence 8)

dscn204344.jpg
:lol: check out my bogner cab mod........
IMGP0955.jpg
IMGP0954.jpg
:shock:

i'm glad that i don't have my old 18 space rig anymore.....i'd be embarrassed.....too big!!

Dave Bunker... Didn't he use to make guitars on a contract for Ibanez USA? The USRG30 series guitars?

Nice rack, by the way... What's the story eith that Soldano purple rack unit? I haven't seen that at all...

I really like the left guitar. Beautiful.

ZedPi

That left guitar is a magical playing BUNKER MVP It looks like a PRS kinda, but better quality and feel all the way, I know cause I own 2 PRs as well a custom 24 and a Mcarty. The red bunker kills em all. It has Dimarzio Virtual Vintage if I recall correctly. It sounds like a old great Les Paul with a bit more output. I love it.

I'm finally getting my new amp head in 11 more days

SEPTEMBER 14th gettn my DIEZEL HERBERT

Neil Zaza is going to break it in for me at his clinic/seminar, and will also be autographing my NZS-1 guitar. Cant even wait to hear my new killer amp with his incredible playing

I havent seen ZAZA in awhile. Is he living in the St. Louie area now?
I seen him over 10 yrs. ago in a small metal club in Columbus Oh.
Fantastic player.

Latest posts

Back