My First Pink Floyd Clip (Mesa Mark IV)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
I was listening to them a lot lately and felt inspired to cover this clip. I know I have been posting a lot of clips lately (most are probably sick of them). I wanted to do something different than what I normally post. Let me start by saying that I wasn't trying to cop the original Gilmour tones. I wanted the leads to sound like me in that vein. The main rhythm guitars were recorded with Rhy 1 with a clean boost to add some grit. The rhythm during the chorus is a squeaky clean Rhy 1 with chorus and delay. The solo was the Lead channel with a long delay.

It was fun putting this backing track together. Let me know if any of you would like to have a copy without the lead.

Let me know your thoughts:

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/22-Time.mp3

Awesome tone as usual ... I got my Mark IV yesterday and i hope i'll a great tone like yours. for a liquid lead solo sound u need a delay pedal right ?

Great Job!! I enjoyed the entire thing, cool backing track, and the guitar sounded great(helps to have talent I guess!) which guitar were you using??

nice job and as far as I am concerned you can NEVER go wrong covering anything by the floyd.

sounds great... are you looking to match Gilmour's tone or just come up with a good tone of your own?

If you're looking to sound like Gilmour, perhaps add a bit more compression in front of the amp and perhaps just a bit more delay and verb...

I dig it...

So tell us, youve posted a few clips in the forums, where are you getting the backing tracks or are you using some kind of personal recording software and playing all the intruments?

livewire78602 said:
So tell us, youve posted a few clips in the forums, where are you getting the backing tracks or are you using some kind of personal recording software and playing all the intruments?

I make the backing tracks. I use midi drum patters for the drums. I resample the hits with Drumagog. I record the bass guitar with a cheapy I own through a SansAmp Bas Driver DI. All of the keyboards are midi/VSTi.

I don't have a ton of spare time but if there is anything you would ever like let me know and I will give it a shot.

sounds great! (like usual)
are you still thinking about selling the Mark IV?
don't do it 8)

kmanick said:
sounds great! (like usual)
are you still thinking about selling the Mark IV?
don't do it 8)

I've talked myself out of it. I love this thing too much.

I really like your take on the solo, gibson. I like how you made it your own, and the tone on the Mark is great!

Sorry for the mark IV owners, I don't usually like this amp but you got me with this one!!!! I guess it's all about the setting of the amp. Good playing and great choice of music, very nice. 8)

Killer cover man! You are talented for sure. I've never thought to record a cover - i usually go for the brand spankin' new original tune of the day... Thanks for sharing! Loved the solo...

Back