My Cover of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Breakdown"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiJoe

Reaction score
**REMIXED** - The rhythm piano was a bit low, so I bumped it up and made some other minor adjustments in panning and levels.**

All instruments, midi drum programming, and vocals by me. I played the electric piano and organ parts using the on-screen keyboard in the Garage Band app on my iPad, and the signal was actually mic'd from the little iPad speaker! I'm amazed at how authentic and huge it sounds!

I'm really happy with this one (I spent A LOT of time on the mix), and, once again, the Mesa Mini Rectifier and the Mesa Grid Slammer pedal delivered some great guitar tones.

http://soundcloud.com/kiwijoe-1/breakdown

that was awesome!!!! great job! I have always loved that song.

masque said:
that was awesome!!!! great job! I have always loved that song.
Thanks, mate! Glad you dug it! I've loved that song, too, since the first time I heard it like 35 years ago.

I think I need to re-mix it again with the electric piano rhythm part a bit more up as well as the backing vocals (since they are a bit more present in the original), but I may leave those alone since I'm not really confident with them.

Thanks, mate! I'm still a bit of a newb with doing my own recording, and I put a lot of time into the mix to try to get it to sound "right".

Back