My board and my simpleton understanding of effects

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOOPJUNKIE

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been asked to share a little about my board and its associated "junk" :lol:

I have to say i LOVE pedals that's what first brought me to my current amp (2 effects loops; Its like a poor-mans Bradshaw switcher!)
I run 3 effects loops(kind of) I run a true bypass loop before the amp that has in its control a Teese wizard wah; analog-man mini-bi-comp; zvex fuzz factory; zvex machine; foxrox octron; Love pedal magic boy vibe. then after the true bypass loop it goes to the input of my amp (Road king) and from the first loop back to the board where it picks up the Electro harmonix memory man and the micro synth and the zvex lo-fi loop junkie. then back to the amp. then loop 2 the parallel loop gets the small stone; a Moog ring mod w/ exp pedal; h2o echo chorus; mxr 7 band eq(not pictured) and blue box and smart-gate (in a true bypass loop) then boosted with a Catalinbread chilli picoso; Peterson strobostomp; A/Da flanger: Exotic robotalk; and then back to the board! and that's pretty much it. I have some cool things i do for the pedals in the parallel loop; I dial 2 settings in( for normal i set it with a light ratio so you get a real subtle effect but can footswtich in a heavier setting with the footcontoler. I have a few other little things like that i do but I think that is probably the coolest.

The board is powered with 2 pedal power2 plus's and run with George L's cable and ends.

1a444d61.jpg

bbcce992.jpg

livingarea.jpg

8e30df2c.jpg

Feel free to ask questions aboutanything! I am glad to answer!

Hey Loop...thanks for the comprehensive look. Next time my other guitar player says I have too big of an effects board, I'll just send him to view this post!

When I get time, I'll post a look at my comparitively anemic board.

RB

Brewski said:
Hey Loopjunkie, Nice bag of tricks! :) This might sound dumb, but what's in the Altoids box? Curiously strong! :D

Its a Curiously strong fuzz by mojotone; I feel like it a little bit more defined big muff type of fuzz. I like it good low end!

Thanks for the replys!

Nice stuff! Hey, what's written on the paper?
"Note to self, need more effects!" :lol:
seriously though, really great stuff.. I've got a start, I have an A/DA flanger, and a Deluxe Memory Man. Small steps, but good ones...
Effects are like heroine, and I need to watch myself...
Great idea with the looping..
ax. 8)

axwielding1 said:
Nice stuff! Hey, what's written on the paper?
"Note to self, need more effects!" :lol:
seriously though, really great stuff.. I've got a start, I have an A/DA flanger, and a Deluxe Memory Man. Small steps, but good ones...
Effects are like heroine, and I need to watch myself...
Great idea with the looping..
ax. 8)

Actually the paper says " I want to play through so many effects that no one can tell if what I am playing is good or not" ; Its kind of me finally being able to make fun of myself. And effects are more of a problem then Heroine; that stuff is for lightweights, effects are for real men. (JK) put really next thing you know you have so many effects you couldn't fit them on a board if you wanted to. I have something like 50 or more. the board is just the "bear necessities" :oops:

Hogan96 said:
where did u get your board from?

My drummer's dad owns a cabinet shop, so....he built it! so the home depot comment is very legit 8) but its a cool board its also the case; you can see the silver edging in the picks is actually that channel stuff that the lid slips into to lock on. (like on the old anvil cases)

I love the look of that stack between the cabinets. Could only look any better in hardwood, but that's not practical for a gigging musician like yourself.

Sweet rig!

nocluejimbo said:
I love the look of that stack between the cabinets. Could only look any better in hardwood, but that's not practical for a gigging musician like yourself.

Sweet rig!

One day........hardwoods and ATA cases; but before that day I need a moving van. :lol:

Latest posts

Back