My Band's New Video.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a metal guy at all, really, and I enjoyed that immensely. You guys are tight; the drummer really locks it all in and has some great fills. Your singer has a great voice, and your playing was top shelf. Good luck to you and the band!

BTW, what Mesa are you using? Whatever it is and however it's EQ'd, love those mids!

KiwiJoe said:
I'm not a metal guy at all, really, and I enjoyed that immensely. You guys are tight; the drummer really locks it all in and has some great fills. Your singer has a great voice, and your playing was top shelf. Good luck to you and the band!

BTW, what Mesa are you using? Whatever it is and however it's EQ'd, love those mids!

Thanks! Getting the right balance of midrange in the guitars was one of the struggles of the mixing process. I honestly would've liked a bit more, but this tone doesn't offend me. The main dirty rhythm tone was a Peavey 6505 through my Mesa Recto 4x12. I had the mids dialed in fairly high, but we used an SM57 and a 4047 on the cab, and the 4047 in hindsight wasn't a great choice. Should've gone with my gut and used an MD421. The lead stuff and a lot of the melody lines was a Mark IV through the same cab. We experimented with a Triple Rectifier and a Nomad as well, but they didn't end up making the final mix. The clean stuff was a Kemper profiling amp.

The Triple Rectifier is my main live amp though.

Wow I dig it!!! Great job!! Great singer too. Did you guys shoot the video yourselves? It looked professional.

mudf00t said:
I like this :) What the heck kind of guitar is that with the oval inlays?... I also saw it in your rig post.

Thanks! It's a Caparison Angelus HGS.

angelus_zpsd66b38df.jpg

And here's some better shots with old pickups

OutsideHGS2-1.jpg

ArchAngel4-1.jpg

It's kind of like a PRS/Les Paul/Jackson hybrid. The body shape is a lot like a PRS Custom 24, but it's thick like a Les Paul and has a neck profile just a little slimmer than a Gibson 60's slim taper...but with a 16" fretboard radius.

Back