my baby has returned !

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogieslayer

Reaction score
My baby finally got back
sounds GREAT !
apparently whoever changed the caps last put one in backwards...fortunately it didn't give out before mike got to it
the eq was added
the effects jack was changed out ( the jack i replaced was ok - the wiring was fine what happened was it was an open jack and when i put the plug in it touched the chassis and grounded itsself out )
and the IIc faceplate was put back on
no gut shots yet....
i love it !

BEFORE
2hczqyq.jpg

AFTER
2hoh8cw.jpg

thanks
looks like he found a IIc faceplate which is very cool

*** EDIT {{{{ Its not a II its a III blacked out - see post below}}}}

3 questionable resistors were changed
1 680 ohm
1 82k ohm
1 121k ohm
one cap changed - 470uf

anyone have suggestions on what to use to clean a couple very small scuff marks from shipping on the tolex? soap and water?

You could try one of these Mr.Clean Magic Erasers, they work great on scuff marks.

its a III ...im pretty tired and not thinking straight..

too much partying as a youngster doesnt help my memory as well lol

for some reason i completely forgot about mike telling me thats the last III faceplate lol

ok i feel stupid now lol

regardless its an original IIc+ that kicks *** ! and i love it !

boogieslayer said:
... apparently whoever changed the caps last put one in backwards...fortunately it didn't give out before mike got to it ...

Lucky no one touched the cap before it was discharged. Not sure about these caps, but some caps include the shell as part of the ground. It would shock you if you touched the shell. Also, I've seen videos where caps can explode if they are wired backwards. :shock:

Great tune-up and upgrade. We are all waiting on clips!! 8)

Latest posts

Back