My 1992 Dual Rectifier Revision F

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarslayer

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post here on the board. This is my 1992 Dual recto Revision F, serial number R078# built in October of 92. I recently purchased it from the original owner...this amp is 99% mint...prob the best condition vintage dual recto I have ever seen to date. Has the Schumacher trannys that some people think ended with the pre-500s. Here are some pics and a video. This video was after I re-tubed it with SED Winged Cs, I wasn't even really playing, I'm just showing the chug chug I was getting during that amp tweaking session. I'll post another video soon with a better demonstration of the amps tone. I look forward to talking boogie with everyone!

http://youtu.be/H32H3TrCe6A

IMG_1542.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photocopy.jpg

IMG_1550-1.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

This pic is after I did a re-tube with SED Winged Cs, JJ hand picked preamp section and 5U4GBEHs
photocopy3.jpg

Ya, this amp looks mighty familiar! I was just ripping through a Rev F today (mine) and I <3 it!!
I have to say, the Electra Dyne edges it out for my favourite tones but for very articulate rhythm playing, the Dual Recto is a much more suitable amp. I also love the blackface option; the chrome faceplate is just too much bling for my tastes!!

Thanks guys!! So far so good...only thing is I play metal mostly and the SED Winged C 6L6s I re-tubed it with are kinda more classic rockish toned. I heard/read they are some of the finest 6L6s so I wanted to see what they were about. I can still squeeze plenty of satisfying heavy tones out of the amp, but the winged Cs make it a bit creamy which I'm not sure how that will play out in the future with my taste. I like to give everything a chance before I switch up tubes or whatever.

A lot of dudes like the SEDs because they smooth the amp out a bit. The best sounding Recto I had was loaded with loaded with stock Mesa/EHX preamp tubes and Mesa/Sovtek 6L6s. It was a more aggressive, biting tone than what I'm getting out of my current setup, which is the stock JJ preamp/Chinese power amp tubes they sell now with a TungSol 12AX7 in the V1 position to brighten things up a bit.

nice, I've always had a soft spot for that black diamond plate :mrgreen:

That is a sweet looking amp man! Would love to hear it! I love black dp with the chrome chassis. Had a 3 channel Triple rec that looked like that. Rock on bud.

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
That is a sweet looking amp man! Would love to hear it! I love black dp with the chrome chassis. Had a 3 channel Triple rec that looked like that. Rock on bud.

-AJH
Thanks again guys! I also prefer the black plate with chrome chassis, theres just something about it. :shock: I posted a link to a short test video above the pictures. Its not the best clip, ill post another one soon.

Latest posts

Back