Musical Schizophrenia ;-)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!!!! :lol: I actually read every reply to this thread! :lol: Some pretty funny ****!

Everywhere I go here I see people listening to Country. Can't understand it. There are some really great players, but I have never liked music that is trendy.
A bunch of the guys at work have branded me as, "The guy that doesn't like any music that is popular."
They don't even get it when I tell them, "Just because it is popular does not make it good. I just don't like things that are Trendy."
:lol: Every time I tell them this, they just look at me like I just said, "Sphincter says what?" :lol:

I'm one of those weird guys that doesn't really like new music, but will start listening to it 10 years later if it's good.
Most of my favorite CD's were ones that I freaking hated when I got them, but forgot about them for a few years and then re-discovered them.

I keep my ipod on shuffle. One minute, it is Iron Maiden, the next it might be Jim Croce, then maybe Fish (or Phish, like them both), then Megadeth, who knows!

Joey hit it on the head too:
I used to only listen to Metal when I was a kid. Judas Priest, Metallica and Slayer were my favorite bands.
Now, I can't stand most Priest (some songs are still killer), will not listen to Slayer (just don't give a **** about all that anger and I don't believe in Satin or what ever that guy's name was), and really do not like Metallica anymore. Don't care who flames me for the Metallica thing, I just do not like them now.

I was just thinking about the fashion thing......
I lived in LA in 2000. I met some guys that had a lot of the same things to say about music that I did. They said they had a "Contract." Every body I talked to had a contract and they were just looking for the right guys......

Anyway, I joined their band, but never even made it to a practice because they said I had to wear black lipstick and nail polish. I told them, sorry, but I won't do that.
6 months later.....I see them on MTV. Guess they really did have a contract.
I always wondered if I should have sold out for 6 months, made a little money and then done my own thing.

Oh wait, I still have a clean conscience! Guess I made a good decision! :mrgreen:

Monsta-Tone said:
they said I had to wear black lipstick and nail polish.

I'd show up with literally black lipstick and nail polish (the actual objects) around my neck like a necklace and ask "Good enough?" :lol:

Jackie said:
Monsta-Tone said:
they said I had to wear black lipstick and nail polish.

I'd show up with literally black lipstick and nail polish (the actual objects) around my neck like a necklace and ask "Good enough?" :lol:

:lol: Crap! I should have thought of that! :lol:
They basically looked like Linkin Park!
At the time, I was 5' 10", 180 pounds, and furry! Don't think I fit the bill!
Now I'm 220 pounds and still furry! Might fit better in Gov't Mule! :lol:

Monsta-Tone said:
At the time, I was 5' 10", 180 pounds, and furry! Don't think I fit the bill!
Now I'm 220 pounds and still furry!

Not like... "furry" furry? Right? :shock: :lol:

3229518418_8af62f500b.jpg

Lionel Ritchie at the CMA's????????? He's a great songwriter, but this gave me chills. I played my "Best of Commodores" CD all the way to and from work the next day. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Easy like Sunday morning, yeah.

Latest posts

Back