Mounting an EVM12L in a Mk. III Combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloodspoint

Reaction score
For those who have one of these in your Boogie combo, how were they mounted? Screwed into the baffle like the Celestion? The spec sheet for the EVM shows using machine screws and those threaded anchors. I can find some of those if need be, but if it works to screw it straight to the wood, I'll just do that.

Thanks,

Sean

The EVM on my stock Mk III combo was just screwed into the baffle with wood screws.

Wow. I just tried this, and holy crap - it kicks the C90's a77. I'm a Celestion lover with the Marshalls, but this thing just fits with the Mk. III so much better.

Make sure that the wood screws have at least 1 inch of threads. The ones that Boogie uses for the Celestion are only 3/4 inch. The shorter threads will not give enough bite into the wood, and may rattle loose. Try (if you can) to use all eight mounting holes with the EV. 8)

JOEY B. said:
Make sure that the wood screws have at least 1 inch of threads. The ones that Boogie uses for the Celestion are only 3/4 inch. The shorter threads will not give enough bite into the wood, and may rattle loose. Try (if you can) to use all eight mounting holes with the EV. 8)

Good point. I've just got the stock screws in there now, but I'll get some longer ones and make sure it's in there snug. That's one heavy speaker.

okay,I Mounted an evm12l in my mark iv widebody... but never a III. My advice is that u should screw it right into the baffle. Also, make sure u use all the screws u can without damaging ur chassis(heavy speaker). I've been trying to get some pics of the new speaker in my mark iv. You have inspired me. They'll be up soon. One more thing, if u have never owned an evm before... They sound spectacular, very clean, clear, hi fi sounding speaker. When using crunch, it sounds crunchier, when using lead, it soars with a more distinctive cut. As for clean, u might need to spin ur tone nob a little more but the cleans are perfect. This speaker will duplicate the sound of ur amp almost perfectly. Just make sure its mounted right. Let us know what happens.

atlst7 said:
okay,I Mounted an evm12l in my mark iv widebody... but never a III. My advice is that u should screw it right into the baffle. Also, make sure u use all the screws u can without damaging ur chassis(heavy speaker). I've been trying to get some pics of the new speaker in my mark iv. You have inspired me. They'll be up soon. One more thing, if u have never owned an evm before... They sound spectacular, very clean, clear, hi fi sounding speaker. When using crunch, it sounds crunchier, when using lead, it soars with a more distinctive cut. As for clean, u might need to spin ur tone nob a little more but the cleans are perfect. This speaker will duplicate the sound of ur amp almost perfectly. Just make sure its mounted right. Let us know what happens.

Oh, it sounds phenomenal. I'm hearing a lot more of the detail of the sound. I was afraid it would sound "sterile" or something, but that is not the case. I really dig this speaker + this amp. Still gotta get it screwed down properly. Man, there is not much extra room in that little combo cabinet with this speaker mounted, that's for sure.

The EV is just a phenomenal speaker!! You will love it in that amp!! I want to put EV's in a 4x12 but they are expensive so I'll have to wait a while.

Racerboy44 said:
The EV is just a phenomenal speaker!! You will love it in that amp!! I want to put EV's in a 4x12 but they are expensive so I'll have to wait a while.

Not to mention, that sucker would weigh over 100lbs. Those are not ight speakers. It would be cool to hear, though.

Latest posts

Back