Mmmmm..Mark I mode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discordance_axis

Reaction score
Man! I'm in love with this mode. Is this a faithful remake of the original Mark 1? Did the original have this much bass?

Im using it as my main Rhythm mode, So thick and creamy, plenty of gain on tap. I love the thick mode and I'm running the bass all the way off to compensate. Gain at about 12:30, Mids around 10:00 (although I can barely tell any difference when toggling mids in this mode). Highs around 1:30. EQ off. Pres around 9:00. Ahh I love it!!
Chugga Chugga!

Just wondering if anyone else opted this mode over edge and crunch and how you are using it? :)

I like the Mk I channel also. Current setting are Mark I Normal with G 11:00, M 12:00, P 11:30, T 1:30, M 12:00, B 8:00, EQ on and off using presets at 9:00. I use the 45 watt mode for Ch.2, Variac Power and tube rectified. Output is 10:00 with Solo at 11:00. Sometimes add boost or Tubescreamer. Generally no Reverb.

I haven't played with Edge or Crunch much and find it's easier to flip Ch. 1 to Tweed. I wish I had my Mark I RI back to compare the two but it's long gone to parts unknown

I often use Crunch over Mark I mode. They're both great. Crunch is just a little lighter and nastier to me, and I get that super saturated flavor from channel 3.

+1 on MK1

I use it as an extension of Tweed on steroids, set Gain to purring blues (around 10:30), and ride the guitar volume for more grunt. It loves pedals, and adding a Fulldrive 2 gives me the versatility of a 3 channel amp in a single mode

Depending on guitar / pup choice, trebble & presence open the amp up nicely, and I keep mids and bass down to between 9 - 10

Excellent 8)

I was actually playing around a lot with the Mark I mode tonight. It's so versatile and really fun to try different things with. By turning the bass all the way down, cranking the treble and presence in the 3 I clock range and while utilizing the present EQ you can get some surprisingly recto-like tones.

When I first got my amp I used Mk1 mode on ch 2, but I have since moved to Crunch mode. I think Crunch mode cuts through a mix better live and has some great GNR and STP type tones. Love the Mk1 mode when Im playing alone but not so much when gigging. But you can get some really great thick lead tones in Mk1 mode.

I have always used crunch on ch2. I really should spend time with edge and mark i

fr0sty said:
I have always used crunch on ch2. I really should spend time with edge and mark i

Same here-I don't think I have ever spent any time with Edge or Mark 1 in over two years. Crunch mode was a VERY pleasant surprise when I first got my amp and started playing around with it.

Mark I mode is the only one I really can stand on channel 2. But maybe I just haven't spend enough time with the other modes...

i actually use Mark I mode as my lead tone, and the IIC+ for rythms or riffs, but yeah mostly live i kinda use only tweed and mark I modes, :p

after a year of owning a mark V i must confess i do not use that much the channel 3, its the area where i need to spend some time because its seems that everyone loves so much that i want to discover whats all the good talking about that channel...

Latest posts

Back