MKII EQ/SOund problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkIIc+

Reaction score
hello,

haven't played for a while but knowing my tubes were old. I used to play with my ADA MP1 plugged in the loop effect.

I was in holidays so i tried the mesa but when I switch the EQ on a strange noise (like a wire touching ) was heard so I switched the eq off. I deceided to buy 12ax7 mesa tubes. I bought only two as i knew one was dead. I tried the ADA and a very high pitch sound yielded so I turned down the mesa.

I then ordered two power amp 6l6 mesa as I can't buy all at once. So i have changed the 5 12 ax7 tubes and two power amps i plugged in the middle and switched to 60 power.

I tried the amp with just the guitar first, the sound was cool but no distortion! (strange with a new tube)

I switched on the eq and wow the noise again , switched off again and now the whole sound is coming on and off by itself!!!

is the fact I haven't changed the four 6l6 power amp tubes is the reason as normally just changing one 12ax 7 is necessary for any issue.

please let me know as I don't know if the amp as an electronic issue.

thanks

MarkIIc+ said:
hello,

haven't played for a while but knowing my tubes were old. I used to play with my ADA MP1 plugged in the loop effect.

I was in holidays so i tried the mesa but when I switch the EQ on a strange noise (like a wire touching ) was heard so I switched the eq off. I deceided to buy 12ax7 mesa tubes. I bought only two as i knew one was dead. I tried the ADA and a very high pitch sound yielded so I turned down the mesa.

I then ordered two power amp 6l6 mesa as I can't buy all at once. So i have changed the 5 12 ax7 tubes and two power amps i plugged in the middle and switched to 60 power.

I tried the amp with just the guitar first, the sound was cool but no distortion! (strange with a new tube)

I switched on the eq and wow the noise again , switched off again and now the whole sound is coming on and off by itself!!!

is the fact I haven't changed the four 6l6 power amp tubes is the reason as normally just changing one 12ax 7 is necessary for any issue.

please let me know as I don't know if the amp as an electronic issue.

thanks

oops saw my last/first post was about that eq problem and a user told me to bring in to a tech any other suggestion...

Running an ADA into a Mesa is simply INSANE!!

When I had one running into a Simul-Class 295 it peeled the plaster off the walls at our Jam spot. No kidding.

Hope you get yours going!

Back