MK V 35 channel one problem.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ave

Reaction score
Hello from England after a couple of years away from the board.
I hope all us Boogie boys and girls are staying safe during the current apocalypse.
In my absence from these august proceedings I finally traded in my 90 watt mkv for
a mkv 35 head and my back is so much better thank you and my drummer is also
grateful for not having to carry the burden of either going upstairs or down as so
few gigs in England are at ground level !
Best Boogie I've had in years (and I've had quite a few) it really is the top banana.
Coupled with two vintage EV loaded 1x12 cabs- one half back and one Thiele it does
the lot. Armed with a battered Gibson ES175 and a good quality lead the amp sings
beautifully but I can't get the two tones I love from the footswitch because they are
the clean and the crunch modes in channel one. Can I replicate the crunch sound of
channel one by dialling in something from channel two ? I have tried but am getting
nowhere.Can anyone help with suggestions or will I have to resort to a pedal which I
am somewhat dubious about. Cheers and stay safe. Ave.

Hey mate

I think they are one of the best amps available - I also would love to have the clean & crunch modes available on a foot switch but I don't think it can be done, maybe it could be modded though ? - for my crunch sound I run my MkV 25 in extreme mode but I back the gain down and push the volume up. I like all the modes but Extreme is awesome for that anywhere from 9 to 12 oclock is awesome - Oh I also use reverb & delay in the loop (reverb off on the amp) - don't be scared to raise the mids and bass too & adjust the presence to get a bit more brightness but my bass settings don't usually go past 9 oclock.

I have tried a few drive pedals including BEOD Deluxe - Joe Bonamassa Fet driver - but never been able to get a good drive sound that beats the amps tones so I just leave them out now - I've tried them in the front & in the loop - no matter which way I use them I don't like what they do to the amp - but my neunaber immerse & strymon timeline in the loop are fantastic together.

Casey

Yep, MK V 35 combo owner here in the UK and I agree that having Crunch on Channel 2 would have been great. As posted above try Xtreme set with the gain low, it does a fair crunch. That's the mode Walter Trout uses on his MK V apparently!

Back