MK III purple stripe combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xdg999 said:
If you want c+ alternative and can't find a Mark III with the 105 transformer the 60 watt III's are a great option.

That is really interesting to hear. I love my 60 watt Mark III, but has there been something in particular recognized about the 60 watt models?

When I compare my purple stripe S vs my blue stripe DRG, the purple comes out on top. I'd chalked it up solely due to stripe differences.

The 60 has it's own thing going on. The feel is different. It seems faster and crisper, more defined. It lacks some of the low end of it's bigger brothers so it doesn't get as flubby at my usual settings. It sounds good with any modern production tube I've tried in it but sounds really good with Sylvania's. It also sounds good in a combo or pushing a 4x12. One my favorite speakers to use with it is the Eminence CV-75. Nice vintage British tones, especially with R2.

I wanted to try and pull this amp into the present day, so I ordered an updated head shell and new Mark V-style knobs for it. The IIIs have a lot more real estate for the controls, so I went with the large ones.

Here’s how it turned out. May not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I love it:

DWIFfc.preview_medium.png

dlpasco said:
I wanted to try and pull this amp into the present day, so I ordered an updated head shell and new Mark V-style knobs for it. The IIIs have a lot more real estate for the controls, so I went with the large ones.

Here’s how it turned out. May not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I love it:

DWIFfc.preview_medium.png

That’s actually pretty nice looking head :)

Back