Mk III class A circuit problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ltd2recto

Reaction score
I noticed when I had this apart that the resistors between pins 3 & 4 are slightly burned up. They measured 1.5K. Other side measured 2.7K. From the service bulletin posted the other day it should be a 2.7K 2W resistor.

Can I buy any 2.7K 2 W resistor for replacement? I ask because my red stripe has 2 resistors in parallel. I dont if they're stock or not.

Also is there any negative affect on tone from this?

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

I dont know what those are for, but to me anything burnt inside cannot be good and needs to be fixed asap.

Those resisters can blow if a power tube goes nuclear (it hasn't happened to me, but according to the gurus around here...). As long as you match the power rating, any equivalent resistor will do. Power up that solder station and spend the 90 seconds to replace it/them. :D Good luck!

BTW, on my green stripe, they combined those two resistors into one (go figure), so in theory...

Ahh yes, in theory....lol. I will replace asap. Who knows maybe it will sound even better. I cranked it up for the 1st time last saturday. Totally destroyed the other guitar players bogner line 6 ---> marshall 4x12 w/ 75's.

Thanks for the input guys 8)

they may have used two of a different value to make the right one
and maybe give extra wattage ,
there are resisters called " flameproof " which are robust
no problem if you get higher than 2 watts [ may be bigger in size ]

if it happened only on one side , it would seem to have been tube
caused

Latest posts

Back