Missing screws.....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMMP

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good places to get screws to hold the "lids" on their rack gear? My 2:90 is missing practically all of them, and my quad has two I would like to replace. FWIW I went to my local hardware store, and they had a screw with the proper threading, but it was silver and a few millimeters too long, and the head was too large, so I passed. Or if anyone has the exact specs of a typical Mesa screw that size, it would be very helpful!
Thanks in advance!

Call Mesa. When you buy quality gear, you deal with quality companies. I am sure that for next to nothing (if not nothing, which is usually the case) they will send you some. Roland, Yamaha, Allen & Heath, TC Electronic have all sent me screws, knobs, rack ears, etc. over the years at no cost just to keep their gear in good shape and on the road. I have never called Mesa for parts, but I have called them and they are extremely helpful.

707 778 6565

If I haven't found some by the next time I order from them, I will order from them, but I just got some parts I ordered from them, and 10$ in freight for 10$ in parts is excessive, and I don't want to pay another 10$ in freight for some screws. Certainly if I haven't found any by the next time I order something from them though. Thanks for the suggestion
And they are definitely a quality company to deal with.

I need a screw or two myself. I went ahead and called them, I have the item number on my voice mail. I can post later. I also and ordered a power switch and the power lamp for it. It was a pleasant experience for sure. We played a little phone tag, I don't know how much they are or I would post that. I'll post after I find out.

I am on the phone with Mesa and I am ordering screws and a couple of other things for my self. I'll by some extra screws and ship them to you. (for the 2:90) The quad has no screws that I can see at least on the front.

getwidth said:
I am on the phone with Mesa and I am ordering screws and a couple of other things for my self. I'll by some extra screws and ship them to you. (for the 2:90) The quad has no screws that I can see at least on the front.

It's cool man. I need to figure out everything I need and place another order. Thanks for the offer! The quad has them on the side holding on the "lid" for lack of a better term.

Is your 2:90 a red light or blue light? I saw a picture of, I think, a blue light, and it had a silver screen on top the fan. Does yours (or anyone else who would care to answer) have that?

getwidth said:
I need a screw or two myself. I went ahead and called them, I have the item number on my voice mail. I can post later. I also and ordered a power switch and the power lamp for it. It was a pleasant experience for sure. We played a little phone tag, I don't know how much they are or I would post that. I'll post after I find out.

Those part numbers would be very helpful if you don't mind. Also, when you say "lamp" do you mean the bulb inside like the pilot light, or the exterior that gives it the blue hue (assuming yours is a blue light)?

Thanks for all the answers you guys are giving!

I already ordered the extra screws. They were .30 a piece so if you are just going to call in and make your own order no big deal I'll just keep them. I was just going to mail them to you and not worry about the money.

The part number for the 2:90 front screws is 303140.

If you want PM me an address and I'll mail them to you after I get them in, no charge. Just looking to do a nice deed.

That is the only part number I have.

Mine is a blue light, one of the older ones. I think I heard that you can replace just the lamp but Mesa said that it is a enclosed light or something. I just ordered what they told me I need. I have no problem supporting them so I just ordered it. I also ordered the POT and knobs for my Triaxis as it is bent. I'll have to look and see if mine has a silver screen.

Here is my rig:

10057_10201075568757921_399418538_n.jpg

getwidth said:
I already ordered the extra screws. They were .30 a piece so if you are just going to call in and make your own order no big deal I'll just keep them. I was just going to mail them to you and not worry about the money.

The part number for the 2:90 front screws is 303140.

If you want PM me an address and I'll mail them to you after I get them in, no charge. Just looking to do a nice deed.

That is the only part number I have.

Mine is a blue light, one of the older ones. I think I heard that you can replace just the lamp but Mesa said that it is a enclosed light or something. I just ordered what they told me I need. I have no problem supporting them so I just ordered it. I also ordered the POT and knobs for my Triaxis as it is bent. I'll have to look and see if mine has a silver screen.

Thanks for the very kind offer, but those aren't the screws I'm missing. I'm missing the ones on either side (left or right), kind of near the top.

That knob on the front of the triaxis always worried me. When I shippe mine off I made a cardboard sling around it to try to support it. It worked to the best of my knowledge too. I hope it isn't too bad for you to replace!

That's a great looking rig! I sold my Tri a month ago and am feeling seller's remorse right now.
Do you have any clips of your rig? How does the 462 change your sound?

I don't have any clips, yet anyway.

I haven't had this gear for very long, although it is going on a little bit of time now. My hold up was getting a MIDI controller that was worth something. I finally got the MarkL one and I love it. Now that I have that out of the way and I am getting it finished to the way I want, I will move on to the next thing which is actually using it and getting the sounds that I want.

I plugged the 462 in for a few minutes when I first got it but right now it isn't plugged up because I have been messing with this MIDI stuff until about now. Now I am getting the tone from the Triaxis that I want to switch to, which really I am starting with the presets to make it easy. Then I will hook up the 462 to see how much I like it.

That is a nice midi pedal! I got a ground control pro, and it does everything I could want with my simple rig (ATM).
When I owned the tri, my complaint was that the tone didn't have enough harmonics compared to my quad, but listening to the recordings I made, it's really a toss up which tone I preferred. I think a bbe unit may help with those harmonics, which is why I'm curious as to how they sound together. Also the feel was different, but I couldn't figure out how. I hope programming and tone chasing goes well for you!

I thought about the ground control pro, but I wanted to buy 1 pedal and be done with it. If its good enough for Vai and Petrucci, its good enough for me.

I plan on putting together a series of videos about my gear and my journey, it took me a long time to get to where I am with this setup, and frustration.

Well I had to call Mesa again because of a customer support thing, so I decided to go ahead and order the screws I needed. Picked some up for the side of my quad and the side of the 290 (same screw btw). Kris has been most helpful each time I have spoke with him. Also, Mesa trims their pots down to a smaller size, so when I received the potentiometer I ordered, I thought it had broke. Not the case, so hopefully someone else will avoid having to call Mesa and feeling silly.

Ha. I will keep that in mind if the ones I ordered are short. I am glad you had a good experience, I know I did. Good deal! I think my stuff is arriving tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back