Mini (or ROV25) vs 100watters

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejay

Reaction score
A little background before the question....I find myself without a band and not sure when I will be again if at all, I have been recording for a few years now at home. I recently picked up some Orange amps, and they are fantastic plus I can get them down to a friendly 7ws and record to get a huge sound. I cannot do that with my Roadster or ROV...

My question - does the Mini Recto or ROV25 get those tones similar to the Mesa's I have?? If they do, anyone want a Roadster or ROV? :D

Thoughts? Go

The MR and ROV25 sound a lot like the RV50 - brighter and tighter than the Dual Rec, but still big and meaty. I have found them to be really flexible, so I run them for classic rock and blues in my band, but also can open them up for hard rock and metal.

You still need to run them fairly loud to get the tone, and 25W is really quite a bit louder than a 7W amp. I love them, but I would argue that they are small club amps more than home recording amps, though I play them at home and record with them. I run them as loud as I can without deafening my kids or the neighbors calling the police.

elvis said:
The MR and ROV25 sound a lot like the RV50 - brighter and tighter than the Dual Rec, but still big and meaty. I have found them to be really flexible, so I run them for classic rock and blues in my band, but also can open them up for hard rock and metal.

You still need to run them fairly loud to get the tone, and 25W is really quite a bit louder than a 7W amp. I love them, but I would argue that they are small club amps more than home recording amps, though I play them at home and record with them. I run them as loud as I can without deafening my kids or the neighbors calling the police.

However, the 10w setting vs the 7w is negligible in terms of volume. It takes 10x the power to double the volume, or...A 50% increase in wattage is a 3dB difference in volume....still not much. Thanks!

Correct, sound is measured in DB, the best explanation I can give is in order to make a 100 watt amp twice as loud you need a 1000 watt amp. What you get with the extra wattage is headroom.

Authorized Boogie said:
elvis said:

However, the 10w setting vs the 7w is negligible in terms of volume. It takes 10x the power to double the volume, or...A 50% increase in wattage is a 3dB difference in volume....still not much. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back