Mid knob backwards??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainMoose

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a question. I bought a Dual Rec 3 channel 100 watt head last fall and i was so busy with school that it wasn't till before Christmas that I really got to dialing in the knobs and messing with different settings... When I realized that the mid knob on channel 3 seems to work differently then all the other knobs on the other channels. So when it's turned all the way right the mids are completely cut. It seems like it still works properly besides that but it's just got me curious. Has anyone else run into this issue?

So I take it nobody has heard of this before? I finally got back up to the guitar shop I got it from earlier this week and he said he hadn't heard of anything like that before, but I haven't had time to bring the head up there yet.

Welcome CaptainMoose.
I did read through the TripRec manual and it mentioned something about unconventional Mid control, but in regards to using channel 1, as I understood it.
I guess it's possible that the pot leads were soldered on wrong, but you would probably have a similar situation on channel 2, because they share the same control. I think.
I wish I had more to tell you.
My Mesa is pretty blood and guts simple (ROV50.2), but so am I.

Hey thanks for the reply man! Yeah I don't really know much about amps but it does seem strange. I'm not really worried about it though because I get killer tone from the amp anyway! I was just curious.

Latest posts

Back