Mesa's main page song. Which amp? Lonestar?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scary

Reaction score
What amp do you guys think they are using in the song on their main page? It sounds awesome!

I know its an Andy Timmon's song, Resolution.

Probably a lonestar.

Andy Timmons? Yes!
Lonestar? ....maybe but perhaps not. I read an interview with Timmons, and this album was recorded with a few varied amps, mostly vintage Marshalls!
He is mostly known for touring with Stilettos and Lonestars as he gets extrememly close to the album tones without sacrificing reliability.

As I say, it could be a Lonestar on this (I would not place any bets, though).....I do know that it was NOT a Stiletto on the CD.......bummer.
I'll try to find where I read the interview and post if I find it.

Good luck!

Yeah it's Andy Timmons' "Resolution" which is either played with the lonestar's overdrive with his volume at about half open on his guitar, or using his BB preamp into the clean channel, which is really what it sounds like to me. Either way its a great song and although he doesnt play the mesa stiletto on the album, he features it now when he plays the tracks and it really does sound like a JMP or higher gain marshall with him. His tone is absolutely fantastic, he really gets the best of those amps. I'd be curious to see him add the Lonestar Special to his rig, it would be so killer seeing him with a three amp rig.

~ Sean

Latest posts

Back