Mesa TransAtlantic: Extra Gain/Sustain

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmraco

Reaction score
This is my 1st post and am a new Mesa addict..I mean owner. I recently purchased a Mesa Transatlantic and Love it! I am currently playing it through an AVATAR 1x12 with a Celestion 70th Annv in it and have another cab with a V30 on the way. Both are closed back.

I mostly always use the HI1 setting to get the British tones and vary the wattage when needed. I play mostly classic rock, RUSH, Zep, VH.

I find at times during solos I need a little extra gain/sustain. I put a vintage Big Muff in the line and that seems to be working well but I was interested in what others were using. I find myself using the gain around the 12-2 position. Adding more past that only changes the tone...not the push of the gain.

To get any more gain fron the head I have to crank it up to the 25 dyna watt setting. It sounds great but I am not in favor of my ears bleeding!! :lol:

Thanks for your help.

Hi :)

I use an mxr micro amp to boost either channel one and two of the TA-15....I found it very transparent, adding gain and a little of top end, which helps a lot to cut on the mix for solos ;)

I use the Fulltone OCD that can go from a volume push to full on overdrive and find it works really well with the TA (for me anyway).

I'm also using H1 with the gain at about 12 for my crunch sounds. If I want a straight boost with little additional gain I'm using a Way Huge Electronics Pork Loin pedal, which is an awesome piece of kit. If I want to push H1 into crazier high gain levels I engage either, or both, channels of a Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde pedal.

Thanks. It looks like I have some great choices.

what other pedals have you used with TA-15?? Mostly intersted in a delay...

dmraco said:
Thanks. It looks like I have some great choices.

what other pedals have you used with TA-15?? Mostly intersted in a delay...

I use the MXR Carbon Copy, works great as long as you put it in front of any distortion.

Latest posts

Back