Mesa Roadster Vid Clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fotis

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I 've uploaded a video testing my Mesa Roadster head. It was recorded via a webcam and its mic. I hope you can get an idea of the lead sound.

It's channel 3 vintage mode, 50 Watts, tube tracking, spongy. The cabin is a Marhsall 4x12 loaded with Celestion 35W speakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NEntOh57lw

Comments are welcome!

Thanks,

Fotis

It's good for heavy chunk rhythm stuff but for leads it's very thin.
Even if you crank mids it still thin.
So I prefer DR for rhythm and triaxis(mark series) for leads :wink:

Same opinion here...rythmn sounds like a recto...definitely thick.

Still a Mark lover here...but great clips!

Thanks for your comments guys!

Mark II/IV leads are the benchmark, although I believe that the Roadster is also capable of delivering thick, creamy, sustaining leads. The rectifiers are underestimated regarding this.

The clip was recorded with the following settings:

spongy
channel 3 vintage 50 watt tube tracking
presence 9
bass 9
mids 12
treble 1
gain 2
master 12
output 9

Really low volume, for bedroom use!

I also used a lexicon mpx 110 for delay and no boost pedals. I have a DS-1 but no need to use it.

Fotis said:
Thanks for your comments guys!

Mark II/IV leads are the benchmark, although I believe that the Roadster is also capable of delivering thick, creamy, sustaining leads. The rectifiers are underestimated regarding this.

The clip was recorded with the following settings:

spongy
channel 3 vintage 50 watt tube tracking
presence 9
bass 9
mids 12
treble 1
gain 2
master 12
output 9

Really low volume, for bedroom use!

I also used a lexicon mpx 110 for delay and no boost pedals. I have a DS-1 but no need to use it.

Fotis, those were some really sweet settings. I tried them with my band tonight and I felt they sufficed well for hi gain rhythm and lead. I think the key with the DR sounds is not to go too extreme with the gain and bass settings. well done!

I 'm really glad the settings worked out for you!

Probably, for band use you should use bold 100 watt for even better results.

And yes, you are right, the key is not to go too extreme with the gain settings, as the manual also implies! I love my roadster and I really disagree with people saying you can' t get a thick lead sound out of it.

nice picking hand technique, man... very versatile, lots of cool stuff and different attacks.

as everybody has said, really nice lead/solo tone-- I'm surprised (verging on amazed) that it sounded that good at bedroom volume!

Thanks dude, great playing, great tone...

I'd been stressing myself out trying to work out if I needed an overdrive or boost n' buff pedal or some such **** to get a good lead tone...

Seems all I need is a delay...

Latest posts

Back