mesa roadster and JJ EL34's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikester

Reaction score
Put a set of JJ EL34's in my Mesa Roadster and the difference
is nothing short of Amazing!!! the modes that weren't really usable
have come to life. The Tweed and Brit are really something special.
The Raw mode on channel 3 is alot like a JCM 600 but ballsier!!! The
Vintage mode is all the 80's tones you could imagine!! it's safe to say
I cured the GAS I had for Marshall Tone!!! Rock on my friends I am having a great day!!!!

I much prefer the el34s in the roadster, it was too dark with 6l6s. I don't find that clean modes are all that affected. And yes Brit is now much more than useable. Enjoy.

This is interesting. I am a new Roadster owner and love channel 3&4 but have felt the tweed and brit modes of channels 1&2 are a little lacking.

However, what effect do the EL34's have on the modern modes of channels 3&4 in regards to how they sounded originally?

Thanks,

I just threw a quad of JJ E34L's in my Roadster and I'm pleased so far. Punchier bottom and smoother highs. I'm running them around 60% MPD.

caustic69 said:
This is interesting. I am a new Roadster owner and love channel 3&4 but have felt the tweed and brit modes of channels 1&2 are a little lacking.

However, what effect do the EL34's have on the modern modes of channels 3&4 in regards to how they sounded originally?

Thanks,
How loud do you play? At "bedroom/livingroom" levels the difference is not really that drastic IMO. I find (with E34L's) at band/gig volumes the bottom end is punchier, midrange harmonics a little more complex, and top end a little smoother.

Dom

on Channels 3 and 4 their is a distinct change in the midrange , being more pronounced
and the EL34's definately tighten the bottom end up making it have more punch!!!!

Latest posts

Back