Mesa recto tread plate 4x12s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backyardburial

Reaction score
One of these tread plate cabs has come up for sale but I'm unable to go have a look before buying, it's a bit far away. I just wondered if anybody knows if the treadplate down the side of the cab is placed on top of the regular tolex? I imagine its maybe just stuck to bare wood? I know it's a bit fussy but I'm not real keen on the look of those things and I certainly don't want the extra weight, no matter if it's only a few kilos.

On a side note, were these cabs exactly the same as a recto? I have gathered from the owner its a 4 input cab (ie stereo and in/out), but I'm wondering about the speakers, I assume they are V30's but hes not able to tell me. I've never seen one in new Zealand before, I didn't even know they existed until now, so any help would be much appreciated. Cheers!

The price list I have is from 1994, 4X12 Rectifier cabinet, leather was standard, V30's, with side armor $849. I believe the armor was fastened by screws. The armor doesn't weigh that much.

Thanks for that mate, that answers one question at least! Mainly just want to know if I do take if off what it would be like underneath...but if it is just bare wood I guess I'd just leave it on...thanks again!

Back