Mesa MKIVa diy footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocki

Reaction score
Hi All,

Next saturday will be my new amp day... A beutifull Mesa Boogie Mark IVa hardwood combo.
My 4th Mk Iv after owning a IVa combo (later converted to a head), a IVb medium head and aIvb.

I will use it standalone and with a pedalboard (maybe even in a midi setup later on).
The pedal takes up alot of space and is not easy removed from the amp. I want to build a 8 button custom pedal to switch my new Mark IVa.

Eq, fxloop, reverb, class A/Simul
r1, r2, l1, l1+eq

I've read about the reverb switching and that wont be a problem. Switching the channels will be... :)

Are there any layouts/schematics to build a footswitch? I used the search and Google but nothing came up...

Anyone? Thanks!

I actually wanted a separate head but could not pass up the deal on the combo. Was it a pain in the *** to make the sep head? Any pics?

Hi,

It was easy to build a headshell... Just start with a plan and stick to it... :)

4x12cabhead26_zpsbcb0484a.jpg

I made a mistake at first. You can see that its a bit to high. I didnt extract the top and bottom from the sides height.
Later I made a better fitting housing in wich the reverb sank though the bottom.

That looks really nice! Great job! I am not crafty enough to do that!!! I know people though ........

Latest posts

Back