mesa mark 5 footswitch problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Roll

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've run into a small problem last night at a gig. My footswitch stopped switching channels 1,2 and 3. All other functions were running smoothly, Reverb works ok, solo as well as the fx loop. But suddenly I could not make it switch the most vital part -channels.Have any of you had a similar problem with yours? thx

Check the cable, the MKV's cable connection is notorious. The cable can come loose very easily, also try reversing the ends. If you do a quick search you will pull up lots of foot switch issues for the V.

thanks for your insight.. i did not try to plug it the other way around.. I just simply disconnected both the head and the FS and tried reconnecting.. I'll do a search as well.. thx

Yeah probably the cable. Mine went and the FX loop would come on but no switching of it actually on. Just grabbed a (Whatever) pin cable that is required and it fixed it.

ok, tried plugging it the other way around.. the problem remains persistent.. I guess I'll try to get the mesa replacement cable.. i only hope it's not the switching unit, cause where I live it's be quite expensive to get a replacement (EU)..

Latest posts

Back