Mesa Dual Roadster Continued Problems- intermittent shutting

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spent another 2 weeks out of town so need to be back on this now. I don't think the fuse has made a difference, and Mesa seemed extremely uninterested in picking up the shipping for this amp, so that is last resort.

The only thing I can think of that is easy is switching power cable. When I took it in in december, I accidentally forget to bring back the loaner power cable for another mesa amp (dual rec) so left the dual rec roadster cord there at service centre. Other than that, I am totally out of ideas. I may try to charm the service centre here into another look possibly, that seems to be best option. Even if I leave it with them, it would be nice to figure out the problem.

If you are not in the US, where are you located? If power supply is not 120VAC at 60Hz and you still have the standard US power transformer that may be part of the issue. You may need a different transformer for the applied voltage and frequency. In stand-by, the DC supply will charge up properly since it is unloaded. However, in operation, the amount of current draw may be enough to shut the amp down resulting in a long duration before the power supply regains sufficient charge. It would be similar to turning the amp on with cold tubes and bypassing the stand-by switch. If you can confirm 120VAC at 60Hz then there is definitely something else going on here. Just a thought on your issue.

Coleo said:
I may try to charm the service centre here into another look possibly, that seems to be best option. Even if I leave it with them, it would be nice to figure out the problem.

Charm them as many times as you want. The amp has warranty for a some time yet. Return as often as you need. Ask for a detailed written report.

In Australia, 2nd or 3rd returns, even the occasional first warranty return (depends) you can ask for your money back or full replacement. Check your consumer laws. Just take note of when the amp fails (take video, record date in diary, etc)

I'm curious to find out what is causing this but that's subject to how annoyed or how determined you are in having this fixed.

If you take it back to service, why don't you compile a list of ideas that we've all had and show the technician? At least it might prompt him to take a look elsewhere.

-B

Latest posts

Back